Sign in to follow this  
nickycooke

Spoiler>>?

Hey all./...just a quick Q..

My spoiler doesn't go up at 45 mph anymore or any speed for that matter...Yet it still goes up manually with the switch..

Any ideas on wot it could be :confused4: ?? Cheers Nick....

Hehe - there is a blue / white wire for the speed signal, you need to unconnect that from the stereo and insulate it, spoiler will be fine then. 8)

You can't take all the glory Steve :lol:

If he would have followed my suggestion:

The search would help no end ...

This would have been fixed ages ago!!

:wave:

guys, sorry to dredge up an old thread.

i think i have the same problem as above and i have taken the stereo out but the only blue & white wire i can see seems to be going into one of the ISO connectors.

is this the one i should be fixin??

if it is, will it simply be a case of cut it, and a wrap a bit of insulating tape round it??

thanks for the help, i dont wanna start cutting wires i have no idea abou :help: t

sorrry for placing my question here. Could the blue/white wire be causing mfa not to work? I mean if having this wire plugged into the stereo interceps the speedo inner speed signal?

sorry, i didnt think i was hi-jacking it.

i have the same problem as the OP

(stereo changed and spoiler not operating automatically at speed)

and think i need to fix it the same way.

just wanted a bit of further advice before i start cutting

but again sorry if if i have.....i didnt mean it occifer

:lol: being called "Bigrichi" should have given the others a clue not to be so flipant :lol:

It is probably the same issue mate, and to be honest every time you type in "search" on +spolier or anything related you end up in a load of threads that arent particularly informative at all! like ones made of carbon and such like! it dont exactly help solve your problem knowing what the wing can be made of or if you have a spare £200 laying around !!!

Prehaps the answer maybe to "pool" all the information in ONE thread regarding the electrics and mechanical aspects of the Corrado spoiler as it seems to be a continuous problem for many!

Its certainly a lot less abrupt than keep posting "use the search" all the time :salute:

Hope u guys get it sorted like.... Ma problem was that i connected the blue/white wire to the stereo thinking it was a memory wire... I took it back off & taped the end & problem was solved... 8)

Use advanced search and use combinations of words, select topics rather than posts and specific forums, interior, exterior etc, and you'll get loads of info.

Use the + symbol to ensure that certain words are included, and the - to omit words, I used "+spoiler +not +working +wire" to get the results below...

search.php?keywords=%2Bspoiler+%2Bnot+%2Bworking+%2Bwire&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Surely there must be enough info about the spoiler to have a dedicated thread like the interior and suspension ones etc?

I know its boring for some people as they already know how one works or how to fix it but others dont, I couldnt find any really usefull info when mine brok so i just got the spanners out and played it by ear, mine work fine now and it was done whithout any prior knowledge as i couldnt find much in the way of "how to" threads, so their is a gap in the data base and info all over the place

Dont expect anyone to take any notice :wave: but it would be far better to have a dedicated thread on it

Toady,

I've never been so turned on.

I know... You've never jumped me like that before! I'll sleep well tonight now. :porc: