Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

Magnex Exhaust - Now Closed

I have been reading the Milltek group buy thread and it has seemed to have ground to a halt.

I am looking into buying a Magnex s/s exhaust for my VR6 from my local car mod shop and i know one of the guys there quite well.

So what i am looking for is a list of names of those interested in doing a group buy and then i can talk to him about discounts etc. I want to keep it nice and simple so can you only reply if your interested in a CAT back system.

From the MAGNEX WEBSITE it looks like they only offer one type of tail pipe for all the corrado models.

The Oval (see below)

link to small oval

so let me know your model of corrado and i'll get back to you with prices!

thanks

Nathan

THE LIST SO FAR

jedi-knight - VR6 DEFINITE

DEL VR6 - VR6 - pulled out

2CC - VR6 or 1.8 or both :D

Ady G - VR6 DEFINITE

20vee t - G60 - pulled out

Andy VR6 - VR6 - pulled out

Phil Diment -VR6 DEFINITE

supercoupe - VR6

Dick Dastardly - VR6

kevheywire - VR6 DEFINITE

G60Renshaw - G60

VR6 - VR6 (of course :lol:) - pulled out

CHRIS_G60 - VR6 DEFINITE

I want to buy a Magnex for my VR6. Not sure what you are getting, but i only want it from the CAT back. Apparently, its all you can get for a VR. Would be keen to see what can be done thru this thread, if its gonna save some £'s.

Magnex is a great system - I can fully recommend it. Fairly standard looking tailpipe & not too noisy - until you get above 3500rpm, then it gives what can best be described as a "ROAR".

Had 1 fitted to mine about 5 months ago - very impressed.

I'll pop into the shop on the way home and find out how many people he will need and what kind of price he can offer.

Im not arranging for fitting though, ONLY PURCHACE AND DELIVERY

regards

Hi All,

Well, I've read all the exhaust posts with interest. Not sure what I want/need really. I was considering a ss system for the VR but the oe system is still in good nick, so if I did get anything it would be to store for future need.

I do need to do something for the 1.8 16v (1990, no cat but 3 boxes) fairly soon though. The magazine ads (can't access much on the web) I've seen don't seem to cater for this model so am trying to get prices for oe bits from vag at present.

But my main problem is that I really love the size, shape and sound (so don't want anything noisy) of the oe tailbox so want something that’s as close a match as possible if I go stainless. Will also put it on myself, so it must have the right hangers and be a proper fit – I'm not into having to gash it up. Also, the Milltek ads I've seen suggest needing to cut the rear valance – that's totally out of the question unless anyone knows different.

So, all you guys with either of these types (ovals only) fitted, give me a bit of help and tell me how they compare to the oe in terms of shape, size, sound and fit.

Cheers

Im on the look out for a magnex stainless steel for my VR6, from the cat back. Awesome GTI do one for £290 but that excludes VAT and delivery.

Ady

:)Jedi;

I'd like a system for my VR6 for future use as the OE system is still in good nick. Look forward to hearing the price.

Cheers,

Phil

I paid £340 for my magnex excluding fitting. It's slighty louder than the original system as it deletes the silencer between the cat and the larger middle silencer. It does seem to free up the engine as it's larger than standard bore. The only issue with mine is that it sometimes knocks against the jackingpoint on the leftside of the backbox (think it needs moving over slighty). I had one on a mrk2 16v and it was v. boomy but it sounds nice on the vr6.

it's larger than standard bore.
Think my Magnex is the same as standard - definitely same bore as the CAT anyway.

The only issue with mine is that it sometimes knocks against the jackingpoint on the leftside of the backbox
mine occasionally knocks against the rear shocker lower mounting bolt but that's because of the low ride height.

I had a magnex fitted to my golf VR6 cat back was just over 300 quid fitted ..... would be interested in a price for the raddo as it was an excellent exhaust.

i have started a little list in the first post.

I spoke to the guy last night and he said he would need to know how many were interested before approaching the MD and suppliers for a price

So if you are interest (it doesnt mean you deffinately have to buy at this stage i'm just looking for numbers) reply and dont forget to tell me what model of Corrado the exhaust will be for!

Regards

Jedi...

Just to confirm, mines a VR6, and i want a Magnex from the Cat back.

Cheers. Del.

Would be interested- had one on my 16v and it was perfect :D

Got a VR6.

Cheers Jedi.

Im interested in the group buy, need a magnex to go with my k&n now.

Cheers

Ady

I have to fully recomend the magnex I bought one for a XR2i in 1997 its still going strong, Its definatley the system that i would use on my C. if we are going for a group buy would it include delivery on the price that you will quote? Its the 2.9 VR6 that i will require

"Magnex- A British made system and in our opinion the best of the all stainless systems."

Direct quote from the Tim Stiles Racing (TSR) website.. :wink:

if we are going for a group buy would it include delivery on the price that you will quote?

once i have a price on the exhaust i will find out if they can deliver and if they cant i wil find out prices for you

I'm not in need of one at the moment, but if the price is cheap enough, it would be rude not to take the opportunity.

It would have to be delivered though.

I'm interested in a VR6 cat back also.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the rear box because I have an uprated ARB at the back and if the box is too big, it will hit the lower shock bolt. I've had to have an indentation pressed into Supersprints in the past as the clonking used to do my head in! Would rather not have to resort to that on a nice Magnex!

Kev

I'm not really but the small oval does look rather stock like and subtle. I'm after one for the same reason as 2CC, to store until needed as my original system isn't too bad. The hanger welds have snapped off the middle box for the umpteenth time but it's still leak free after 9 years :lol:

Kev

I may well be interested in one for the G60 as I think my custom built system has gone inside and I am intending to get my money back so would be up for a Magnex as a replacement. Obviously this would involve changing the hangers but I am happy to do the work.

Pencil me in! ;o)

J

The Magnex isn't really a big exhaust.. its a great way to slightly modernise the OE exhaust system as it looks very similar, but is just slightly bigger, looks much nicer, and sounds a load better :)