Sign in to follow this  
G Charged

G60 fuel pump/relay????...help anyone?

ok, the g60 is refusing to start, just simply parked up, and the next time i went to start it, it dont want to play game.

Normally when i turn the ignition on i can hear the fuel pump relay click and the pump whirring for a couple seconds, however at the moment i hear no whirring, the engine will turn over on the starter motor...but as if there is no fuel...

i have found a break in a black wire that goes to the lambda,...which appeared to be an earth, im not sure if this is linked...as i have read the lambda and fuel pump wiring share a circuit, i have also tried bridging the relay connection with a bit of wire and that made no difference either...

the car done this a couple of days ago aswel...but sumhow i fiddled with a few stuff and the pump started to prime and she started...which is why i dont think the pump is kackerd...so i dont know...ideas????

the isv is buzzing yes, ive checked the fuel pump fuse and replaced it...ive also tried tapping the relay, but i might try that again

is there any way i can check the pump itself?...like conecting certain pins straight to a battery to see if it turns on?

The pump should prime when you turn the key to the run position, it is audible and will cut off after a few seconds, so if you cant hear it its not running.

Easiest way to check is put a multimeter on the pump end of the terminals and see if you are getting volts down to it, if not then its going to be a issue between furthur up the wiring or the relay.

ok...i got the car to start again

i have voltage down at the pump, tried to take the pump out, coudnt, so with the pump cover off i tapped the pump a couple times and it allowed the pump to prime, however i have just found that the alternator doesnt work, so i needs to get me another alternator. i hate corrados. lol

cheers for your help lads!, guess i have a tempermental fuel pump, will have to source one now...but im gona change the fuel filter aswel so the pumps under less strain.

ok...i got the car to start again

i have voltage down at the pump, tried to take the pump out, coudnt, so with the pump cover off i tapped the pump a couple times and it allowed the pump to prime, however i have just found that the alternator doesnt work, so i needs to get me another alternator. i hate corrados. lol

cheers for your help lads!, guess i have a tempermental fuel pump, will have to source one now...but im gona change the fuel filter aswel so the pumps under less strain.

Think there is one on e-aby at the moment, you will need a new sender though.