Sign in to follow this  
dirtytorque

DirtyTorque's G60*Now with 8 more valves*

I was going to go to the inters but I have a flat tyre and I have lost my wheel lock key. :brickwall:

So I thought I would use my time constructively and fix a few niggles.

I found a long suspected boost leak in between my isv and the intake manifold and I also have fixed my remaining MS install bug bear. Getting the bosch g60 isv to work with MS.

Before today when using the isv the car either wouldn't start without use of the throttle or it start without use of the throttle but the isv would rev the balls off the car,i.e 4k rpm.

No good for idle really. :? Anyway I managed to fine tune the MS settings to get the car to start with no use of the throttle.Car now idles nicely at 1k rpm as nature intended.

Next I need to deal with the asthetic side of my install.

:oops:

I need to find a nice small little fuse boxs to neatly distribute my switched 12 volts in the engine bay.

random pics.

Love those det cans :grin: How obvious is it to hear the difference?

Glad you got the startup and idle sorted. How many switched 12V lines do you have in the bay, and are you taking them off the coil feed?

tbh you can hear knock without them.It just makes it more proounced.

12 volt feeds.

hall.

injectors.

isv

and MS

All fused.

I think thats it... :scratch:

12 volt feeds.

hall.

injectors.

isv

and MS

All fused.

I think thats it... :scratch:

Two of these would give you enough waterproofed fuseholders inside the bay, no? :shrug:

_DSC8591.jpg[/attachment:34eh84xk]

Decided to go for a fuse box from a car so that i could take advantage of a common positive rail.

makes the wiring alot easier.

This is from a nissan micra. :eek:

It will do for now.

micra power :0)

:lol: Good work, how many more hp did you get? :grin:

:D

All of a sudden I now get the urge to drive annoyingly slow through lights so that the car behind gets held up when the light goes red while I Mr Magoo on my way merry way.

Rob, the car's lookin Dirrrrrrrrrty.... in a good way :D

keep em coming.

p.s. Micra electronics?! I knew you were a ricer :wink:

Rob, the car's lookin Dirrrrrrrrrty.... in a good way :D

keep em coming.

p.s. Micra electronics?! I knew you were a ricer :wink:

:)

Seems my stress testing has stressed the engine.

Oil was weeping out of spark whole number one and when I took the ead off oil was creeping into this cylinder.There was also a little oily scum in the coolant tank.

The car had one of the old type cork head gaskets so I have replaced it with a nice new metal one.(Thnks CTWG0)

All up and running now.

Tired. :gag:

Nice Hedgehog. Did you touch it? they're usually covered in fleas and ticks :(

Car running nicely now?

Nice Hedgehog. Did you touch it? they're usually covered in fleas and ticks :(

Car running nicely now?

No I got my neighbour to move it.

:camp:

It was a bit smelly.

He has been back since,I think its because my gf feed it. :roll:

Yeah the cars running fine.Been driving around in it over the last few days with no probs.I don't want to spend too much more time on it tbh or else I will never move forward.

Thinking about going 16vT now.

:ignore:

:nono: :lol: I think it will suit your current interest in engine tuning more than a 16vg60, you should get hours of fun out of your megasquirt box.

Edited for peace keeping reasons on your thread. Don't want to mess it up with a turbo argument. :lol:

:nono: :lol: I think it will suit your current interest in engine tuning more than a 16vg60, you should get hours of fun out of your megasquirt box.

Edited for peace keeping reasons on your thread. Don't want to mess it up with a turbo argument. :lol:

You forgot to add cue junkie :lol:

Glad you are going turbo Rob if you are that is, i sincerely do hope you do mate, you honestly will not look back after its all done. Nothing wrong with superchargers though, so long as any engine has some way of ramming the air into the engine then im happy.

What turbo you thinking of using, you decided on anything yet?

Watching with interest.

You forgot to add cue junkie :lol:

Glad you are going turbo Rob if you are that is, i sincerely do hope you do mate, you honestly will not look back after its all done. Nothing wrong with superchargers though, so long as any engine has some way of ramming the air into the engine then im happy.

What turbo you thinking of using, you decided on anything yet?

Watching with interest.

he-he here we all are again.Time for another round of mischief.

Glad you asked Simon,

There is Loooads of choice. :nuts:

I was thinking of a GT28RS or something of a similar ilk.Something that will spool quite quickly and get me in the high 200's 14 seconds to a 1/4 mile and a smile on my face.

It will be 16v 2.0 litre and around 8.2:1 ish compression.

tbh I am at the point where I don't want to be too concerned about what badge it has on it or what type of forced induction I am using,as long as I have the desired effect then I will be happy.

I have never been very precious about my car,I love it to bits but I am not scared of doing almost anything to it if I think I will improve my driving experience.

I have toyed with the idea of using a different car as a base but one look at my Corrado and I just can't do it.At least at the momment.

Anyway what are peoples views on say using internal or external wastegates.

I have read that internal ones are better suited for larger boost applications.

An external wastegate is going to be cramping at the back of the bay though I would have thought especially as I have ABS?!??

Or am I talking pooh???

ta

Robert.

I am thinking GT28 too, there won't be a great deal of room down the back of the engine, but you could always try rotating the turbo or in what might be a slightly different step, try tipping the engine slightly forward to make more clearance, maybe drop the front mount a touch?

For larger boost its better to have an external wastegate but its all about control of the boost, but with that turbo then a internal wastegate would suffice.