Sign in to follow this  
MikeVR6

Driving in Europe - headlight Adjustment

I'm currently working in Belgium and my Corrado has come with me. Gets quite a few looks over here. 8)

I've got used to driving on the "wrong" side of the road and read up on some of the strange traffic laws here. (giving way to folk pulling out from side streets onto major roads for instance)

One thing that does worry me are my headlights. I know that European Corrados have a different beam pattern shining the lights in a different direction. Don't want to end up in bother with the Belgique Plods.

Can I adjust the lights manually? Replace the lenses? Or get some special tape to change the beam?

Would prefer not to change the lenses if possible (expensive & fiddly job.)

You can buy deflectors that re-direct the beam, i'm not sure if you'll be able to get them out there though?

all you have to do is tape the clear triangle piece on the lens with some masking tape or insulation tape , you can by proper masks but there is no need ,

the triangle being masked just get rid of the dip beam kick and leaves you with a flat beam , so no dazzling to oncoming traffic .

ps . you mask the clear ish triangle on the left of the headlight at the bottom as you look at it.

Also be warned, pedestrians just cross, mostly without looking (if you havent already encountered that). Death wish or what?!

Mad sods :cuckoo:

Also be warned, pedestrians just cross, mostly without looking (if you havent already encountered that). Death wish or what?!

Yeah, got that one on the first day! :) They never heard of Tufty or the Green Cross Code Man here :)

Between the pedestrians, random cars pulling out from the right, folk changing lanes without indicating and all the damn potholes on the roads I have to drive like a granny everywhere I go! AND petrol is more expensive here than in the UK. Yes, you heard that right MORE expensive!

Beer's cheap though! :drinking:

Yeah, got that one on the first day! :) They never heard of Tufty or the Green Cross Code Man here :)

Between the pedestrians, random cars pulling out from the right, folk changing lanes without indicating and all the damn potholes on the roads I have to drive like a granny everywhere I go! AND petrol is more expensive here than in the UK. Yes, you heard that right MORE expensive!

Beer's cheap though! :drinking:

I just filled up at 134.9. Well, when I say filled up, I put in 10 litres cos that's all I needed and could afford.

Belgium sounds nuts, I thought they were meant to be on the level?

edit - why not go one ebay and pick up some euro headlights and swap them over?

I just filled up at 134.9. Well, when I say filled up, I put in 10 litres cos that's all I needed and could afford.

Just had a look on E-Bay and spotted a set of European Headlights and Rear Cluster to comply with European Regulations.

http://tinyurl.com/6cxbzt

What's the problem with UK Rear Clusters?? Worried even more now as I have In-Pro smoked rears and don't fancy paying to replace them! :o

Just had a look on E-Bay and spotted a set of European Headlights and Rear Cluster to comply with European Regulations.

http://tinyurl.com/6cxbzt

What's the problem with UK Rear Clusters?? Worried even more now as I have In-Pro smoked rears and don't fancy paying to replace them! :o

there probably on the fog lamp , because its on the wrong side on uk spec for abroad, but most after market lights operate the 2 fogs so no worries there .

there probably on the fog lamp , because its on the wrong side on uk spec for abroad, but most after market lights operate the 2 fogs so no worries there .

Tidy, I just won the auction. £31 for the lot plus postage. I'll tape the lights tonight in the meantime.

Need to get GB branded plates or a gay sticker too. :D (Wonder If I'd get away with my "D" marked German show plates? )