Sign in to follow this  
renson

Golf VR6

I've just been to look at a Mk3 Golf VR6 5door in purple, basically I found it through a friend and it's been sitting in this bloke driveway for a year and hasn't been used since he got his BMW, its a bit tatty but not rusty, and is nothing a bit of hard work can sort out, done about 140k and think it needs a new cat, and possibly brakes. It started first time with now smoke or rattles. best of all its free. My question is if i get it and get bored half way through getting it sorted am i going to be out of pocket or will i still be able to get a few hundred quid to cover what i put into it. Obviously my other option is to strip it, keep the engine (VR6 instead of 9a? 8) ) and let the rest of it go to my mate with his VR6 Golf.

Any ideas??

Hang on, lets just get this straight. It's free?! What are you waiting for? Who cares what you do with it?! :lol:

Personally I'd make a track car out of it or something. But that's just because that's the mood I'm in at the moment and if someone handed me a free car like that that's pobably what I'd do. I wouldn't put it in the Rado. It's only gonna be a 2.8 and you can buy a Rado that already has a 2.9 in it.

I want to get it road worthy though, think i will have it and look into getting it working and if not it may continue on to someone else.. who knows, its a shame because i don't have a lot of free money at the moment.

I want to get it road worthy though, think i will have it and look into getting it working and if not it may continue on to someone else.. who knows, its a shame because i don't have a lot of free money at the moment.

Always the way mate. Something like this always comes along when you haven't the money or time that you would like. It seems too good to pass up though. I'd go for it. You can always just do it up a little bit at a time.

very true, think my parents will just have to like it sitting in their drive.Can't keep it outside my house. Think i will take it and then see how it goes.

My question is if i get it and get bored half way through getting it sorted am i going to be out of pocket or will i still be able to get a few hundred quid to cover what i put into it.

I wouldn't want to spend tooooo much on it tbh, MK3 VR6s seem to have dropped in price like Corrados, you'd definately get a few quid for it (even if you weighed it in at a scrapies you'd get close to £150) so it's worth grabbing but I wouldn't go to town on it as ultimately it's not worth much more than a grand with an MOT and tax, by the sound of it.

might just get it on the road and tidy it up a bit, could be fun to use for a few months then just sell it on. Suppose if i will get £150 ish scrap for it i can't really loose :? Just hope the C will forgive me and not decide to have a temper tantrum :)

Ok so been back to check the car over, everything seems good :o . Brakes need a major clean and i don't know if the handbrake has ceased. All being well should be sitting on my driveway next week and this can be moved into the gallery along with my C, What do you think?

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfGolf.jpg[/attachment:2xzdefzj]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfGolf2.jpg[/attachment:2xzdefzj]

Only dent on the bodywork is on the front wing,

Golf7.jpg[/attachment:2xzdefzj]

Ok, So the little woman just read the thread and told me off :hitler: It was actully her that found the car for me through her friend. I have been warned that if i did not make this statement i may have to pleasure myself for a while :shock:.. :pale: