Sign in to follow this  
passatman

Newbie....help needed valuing a car..

Hi folks.......i was told about this place by some folks on E38, and i thought you could maybe help me out.

I have a '90 G60......US spec (LHD), imported here in '92......1 owner.......82k miles, no history, but the guy was very genuine, and it had been laid up a few years back for 4 years..........it has all the nice goodies, air con, cruise, and the electric belts!.....which are superb..........sadly, the bodywork lets it down with the leading wing edges a bit scabby, various other car park dings and other scabs...........and he didn't secure the bonnet properly a few months ago and it flipped on him, so it's a different colour, and there's a small dent in the roof...........otherwise it drives real nice.....

To be honest, i have 12 other cars and i bought this on impulse, and it was reasonably priced too........but i've decided it deserves someone who appreciates it more.......funnily enough, i prefer my Passat's lol......

So.....fire away......when i get enough info, i'll stick it in the F/S section.......

Thanks in advance.

3f90_1.JPG

3e67_1.JPG

Hello! :wave:

I think a couple of people on here have already been eying up the US spec front bumper from your car, after they saw it on Ed38! :lol:

As for the value of the car itself.....No history, LHD, poor bodywork, obviously no T&T, and unknown charger history (?) would all count against it. I'd say £750 - £1k.

It would definitely be worth more as parts though; as it has some nice goodies! :eek: :cry:

Yep, worth more in parts unfortunately, I'd say as it is probebly around the £1k mark due to the plate, without the plate more nearer £600-£700?

cheers folks......... :)

here's the original description......

Car details:

VW Corrado G60

1800cc, supercharged, 158bhp.

Car is LEFT HAND DRIVE.

Mileage 82,322 (genuine - I've owned the car since new).

Purchased by me brand new in 1990 in the USA, I am the first owner and have all the original paperwork.

Imported into the UK and re-registered here in 1992 (so it is a 1990 car). The car has spent a number of years in my garage, as I used to have a company car (and in any event - we have 2 cars).

Private registration number is "A6 VWC", which is appropriate for the car.

Electric tilt/slide sunroof.

Air conditioning fitted (although currently not working - may just need re-charging).

Cruise control.

Electric windows.

Central locking.

Anti-lock brakes.

Automatic seatbelts (standard fitment in the USA), seatbelts fasten themselves!

Speed actuated spoiler.

Alloy wheels (curbed in a few places).

Tow bar fitted.

Stainless steel sporty exhaust (quite throaty).

What's good:

Owned by me since new, so mileage is genuine and I know the car's history.

Never crashed or had any bodywork repairs in any way (except for the bonnet - more later).

Low mileage for the car year.

Original paintwork, not re-sprayed or touched up.

No hidden repairs under a re-spray, what you see is what you get.

Takes a little getting used to, but drives really well (per the 82k miles).

Little rust.

I'm not aware of any repairs needed (other than the wiper) needed for the next MOT, it usually passes needing very little.

Everything works.

What's bad:

MOT expires 3/7/08

Tax expires at the end of June 2008.

Supercharger coming due for a re-build.

Slight power steering fluid leak (but works fine when topped up).

Several small dinks here and there, wheels curbed a few times.

Slight surface rust in a few places, absolutely nothing that wouldn't touch up - no rot.

Paintwork a little dull (car's wet in photos).

Some of the radio's speakers don't work.

Rear brake disks becoming worn, I have replacement disks and pads (and they are included in the sale).

Engine compartment a little dirty.

Red bonnet.

One wiper arm missing.

This is an 18 year old car.

Red bonnet. About 3 months ago, I set off with the bonnet not secured. It eventually flipped up, smashing the windscreen and trashing the bonnet. Bonnet was replaced with a used red one, and the windscreen was replaced under my insurance. One of the wiper arms was also broken during this incident. Bonnet needs adjusting a little, I'll try to do that before the end of the auction. I still have the original (badly damaged) bonnet if you want it for any reason.