Sign in to follow this  
MK1Campaign

Vortech V9+Schrick VSR. Any benefits?

Funny you should post this.....

I have recently purchased a Schrick inlet and as soon as the GB Schimmel water / meth kit arrives I'll be able to give a definitive answer :D

Oh.... and I cant bloody wait :cheers:

The (small) benefit would be off boost only. Not worth buying a Schrick *after* you've bought a charger imo. If you've got one already, fair enough.

Instead of buying a Schrick, buy a standalone or OBD2 setup, that's where you'll start to see worthwhile differences.

The (small) benefit would be off boost only. Not worth buying a Schrick *after* you've bought a charger imo. If you've got one already, fair enough.

Instead of buying a Schrick, buy a standalone or OBD2 setup, that's where you'll start to see worthwhile differences.

I just knew someone would come and pi$$ on my fire..... Damn you Kev :tongue:

If Im honest, it is the 'off boost' gain that im after. Those of you who have experience with Vortech chargers will know they dont produce a noticable difference until 4k!

LOL, sorry chap :D

If you aquired the schrick for a good price it doesnt' really matter, shove it on and see what happens. But I wouldn't encourage people to buy a brand new one! The gains aren't proportional to the cost!

I'll mop up the p1ss and restart your fire :D

Heres Dyno plot at stealth with Charger & schrick , you see the Torque ramp up to 3.5k and make 250lbft then

drops off little and then the charger kicking in but only makes 260lbft @ 5168 Thats with 10psi

You will make more with 12psi ,but you will never make great torque with a charger

This is why i've gone Turbo :D

schrick+charger.JPG[/attachment:3hrpwq24]