Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

MK3 VR6? - Mrs B has bought one!!!! Pics page 4

No idea how much the gti's worth really as i've had it 4 years and i've changed the look around a few times, i'll have to look at the current ones for sale and compare when its finally ready for sale!

no worries stu, thought that'd be the case! o to get a bit of retrebution report the add on ebay as well as falsely advertised then the bsatard can get it removed!

If you can make it to nomads steve mk3 is a fantastic example, black 3dr, black leather, slammed on polished 9x16 rs's and freshly built vr 8)

No idea how much the gti's worth really as i've had it 4 years and i've changed the look around a few times, i'll have to look at the current ones for sale and compare when its finally ready for sale!

no worries stu, thought that'd be the case! o to get a bit of retrebution report the add on ebay as well as falsely advertised then the bsatard can get it removed!

If you can make it to nomads steve mk3 is a fantastic example, black 3dr, black leather, slammed on polished 9x16 rs's and freshly built vr 8)

Hmmm, I might well do that :censored:

I would imagine that steve's would be out of our price range :(

Did you take it for a drive BTW?

Nope, didn't see the point. Plus it was getting close to my bedtime :lol:

Hunting around for you mate but it's not looking hopefull at the moment, unless you'd like to travel (maybe worth getting folks off here to pre-view if poss).

And as for the post '96 OBD2 VR6's, i've been hunting around and I can't find anything else saying that they made 190bhp as standard.Is this not just a bit of an urban legend? Told by OBD2 owners to OBD1 owners! :wink:

I'll be keeping my eyes peelled sir :salute:

its true, i read it on the internet :lol:

they say VW never claimed it in book figures, but they usually always make at least 185bhp

all much of a muchness really, 10bhp here and there

its true, i read it on the internet :lol:

they say VW never claimed it in book figures, but they usually always make at least 185bhp

all much of a muchness really, 10bhp here and there

depends if your playing top trumps or not. Then that 10bhp makes ALL the diffrence :lol:

:rofl:

Off to have a look at another tomorrow night. Broadened search to earlier ones. Found one in Milton Keynes, so not so far to go. 8)

I'd try to stick to engines with coil packs on, they seem far more smooth.

the highline golf is the same power as the corrado isn't it?

you probably already knew tbh

Nope! all Mk3 VR's are 2.8 174bhp! Highlines have Leather interior as standard colour coded to the car! So a blackberry one has purple inserts in the seats :) This one being black has black inserts :lol:

Looks v.nice in the pics I'd ditch the gay lights but thats just my 2p! Seems a fair price to me!

Noop! a Higline mk3 has OBD2 and bigger throttle and inlet manifold making them 185 bhp, vw never changed the spec sheet and just stuck to the original 174 for the original VR, they also have different chains & guides

The highline also has........raised consul around the handbrake (like a vento) black A and B pillar trim (as said) an American Walnut gear knob (not effect!) its real wood :grin: and leather steering wheel

If its a true highline it would say so on the log book as they are an insurance group 18 instead of 17 because of the leather etc and they only came in Black with black leather or Purple violet pearl effect (commonly called Mulberry) with blackberry leather (commonly called purple!)

I sold mine if Feb this year and can honestly say it was an awsome car, but very very thirsty!!!

Hope the cars a goodun this time, i just picked up a k plate golf vr6 the other day myself. nice car but won't get rid of the valver for it, its nowhere near as pretty as the c :luvlove: .

Hope the cars a goodun this time, i just picked up a k plate golf vr6 the other day myself. nice car but won't get rid of the valver for it, its nowhere near as pretty as the c :luvlove: .

Well, it wasn't a bad car at all, but he wouldn't budge from 2K for a 93500mile K-plater. We offered 1800 then 1900, but he wasn't interested....

Spotted another we shall try and go to see tomorrow, local as well :)

My mate had to take £2100 for his standard, low mileage, N-plate Golf VR6 a couple of years ago. The car was absolutely mint and mechanically spot-on but he just couldn't attract any interest. Hence, in the end, he had to pretty-much give it away. Funny ol' market, the Golf VR6.

Stu, you coming over to GTi-Fest on Sunday? Should be a few for sale there....

There's a stunner on ED at the moment but at 7K probably a "little" out your leauge! :lol:

that looks sweet, plus the wheels would fit a corrado valver wouldn't they :grin: They would look sweet on the gooney

Thinking about the ABF lump eh? Shove some KR cams in it and it'll be good for 175bhp! Very nice sir :salute:

If you guys are thinking about going to GTi-fest let me know as I might be making the effort as well.

that looks sweet, plus the wheels would fit a corrado valver wouldn't they :grin: They would look sweet on the gooney

:rofl: Maybe, maybe :lol:

Thinking about the ABF lump eh? Shove some KR cams in it and it'll be good for 175bhp! Very nice sir :salute:

If you guys are thinking about going to GTi-fest let me know as I might be making the effort as well.

Hmmm. Do you think it might be worth going to check out cars for sale? Any clue on the entry fee?

Hmmm. Do you think it might be worth going to check out cars for sale? Any clue on the entry fee?

Not sure, never been a fan of sale cars at shows as people try to bump the prices up. Entry is £15 for the day, which is a bit steep (i'd rather drive to BVF if anywhere!), but it might come down to on the day for me as the weather is looking cr@p over the weekend.

I'm happy to go looking at cars with you anyway if needs be mate. :grin:

Mrs B has just bought a car this evening, well, paid a deposit anyway. R-reg Mk3 VR6 (OBD2), 115k, mint condition, 12month MOT, 6 months tax, full service history, climate control, electric everything, BBS alloys, Pearl Blue/purple......1900 pounds sterling! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Just thought we'd share that!.....Pics when we pick it up next weekend

Nice one. Look forward to seeing some pics. Always liked the MK3 VR I have to say!

I'm sure Mrs B will start her own members gallery when we get it next weekend, but here are the pics off the Autotrader Ad....

front.jpg

front1.jpg

side1.jpg

back.jpg

interior.jpg

lump.jpg

You certainly got the pic of the crop there mate. Very late OBD2 :salute: It should drive really well.

I'd love to see how good you can get a standard OBD2 VR6 by importing a last of the line US ECU, assymetric cams and plastic variable intake.

You certainly got the pic of the crop there mate. Very late OBD2 :salute: It should drive really well.
We thought so, really pleased with it. The first two we went to see were crap in comparison. Third time lucky I guess, and only the other side of Bury St. It definitely drives well, much better than the others we tried (I had a go in 4 - OBD1 coilpack and dizzy).

Just can't wait to pick it up now, Mrs B is well excited!

Guess it was about time one of you got a car with a proper engine! :wink: :D

Can't wait to see it mate.