Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

MK3 VR6? - Mrs B has bought one!!!! Pics page 4

Guess it was about time one of you got a car with a proper engine! :wink: :D

Can't wait to see it mate.

Cheeky! Well, now we have both! :wink:

looks a min xampl ma,in is peopl want low mileage but considering the age of most of the cars they are just average mileage R reg - 97/98 av 11k a year is 110k so its just average mileage and if the car is in mint condition then why not :p i aint to bothered about mileage to a certain degree, as long as the bodywork is in good condition and the engine runs sweet and has had everything done that needs doing then why worry!

looks like a great find :D v clean looking and as cheesewire says a v late obd2! 8)

looks a min xampl ma,in is peopl want low mileage but considering the age of most of the cars they are just average mileage R reg - 97/98 av 11k a year is 110k so its just average mileage and if the car is in mint condition then why not :p i aint to bothered about mileage to a certain degree, as long as the bodywork is in good condition and the engine runs sweet and has had everything done that needs doing then why worry!

you have a point and i would have agreed until recently, when i bought mine, the bodywork was clean, leather good, engine sweet and the speelines had recently been refurbed but everybolt and fitting i seem to try and remove seems to be corroded and needs special tools to remove, yes high miles arent a major issue but age still has a nasty effect and i suppose the more road it sees the more its likely to rust! :(

As far as I'm concerned anything after an H-reg (my newest car) is new! :lol:

Good purchase Stu, looks like you/ the mrs. has some torque-heavy, maintenance-light motoring for the next few years :clap:

Aye, I hope so!

Got a couple of things that need sorting, but nothing too major. Shocks are tired, but Mrs B wants it lowered anyway, so that's not a problem.

Ay. Shocks are tired, but Mrs B wants it lowered anyway, so that's not a problem.

The start of a slippery slope...

How many of us said "Ah I'll just lower it and that will be it"... Followed by a wallet crunching... :nuts:

Nice to see MrsB will be back in the VW fold though Stuie... Now the arguemnets about who drives to shows will start! :lol:

The start of a slippery slope...

How many of us said "Ah I'll just lower it and that will be it"... Followed by a wallet crunching... :nuts:

Nice to see MrsB will be back in the VW fold though Stuie... Now the arguemnets about who drives to shows will start! :lol:

All of that is sooooo true...... :lol:

So where are mrsbeige's pos about all this? Thought she'd be building a little hype ready for the grand unveiling at the weekend? :wink:

Or is she going to get herself on VR6oc.com instead?

Good purchase Stu

uh hum :nono: whos purchase mr man? Don't encourage him, he's already finding it hard to come to terms with saying "it's MrsB's car"

Or is she going to get herself on VR6oc.com instead?
Already a member as of the yesterday :oops:

Now the arguemnets about who drives to shows will start! :lol:
No arguements John.....I will be!!!!!!!

In all, seriously now............IT'S MY CAR :dance: :rofl:

Already a member as of the yesterday :oops:

No shame in it, I'm on there. Good reference site for the VR engine. Plus lots of ideas for mods! :wink:

Has it not been picked up yet??

I hate having to wait for my new car, had only to wait 1 day for my Corrado but it was longest day ever

Mrs B, Its great to be excited about getting a new mota'. I was just like that 3 weeks ago before I got my VR Golf. Ahh, and the sound of barely modded NA VR6 engine - takes me back! :luvlove: I'll never get bored of it. 8)

Well peeps, Tubbs went for her MOT today and apart from a bulb, she passed with flying colours :clap:

So, all systems go for 10am ish saturday morning.

2 sleeps left :dance:

Well i've been up with the larks this morning, tbh, that did also have something to do with Jonesy (our cat) wanting some cuddles and purring in my face.

Off to the bank @ 9 in a friend's mrk4 golf gti 1.8 turbo then straight to Bury St Edmund to pick up Tubbs!

Pic's later!!!

She is....not even I can make her smile that much :lol:

This one is for the Monkey boy......Mrs B hard at work.....

DSC03303.jpg

Apologies for the awful picture!!!

We picked the car up this morning, everything all went as planned. 135mph on the way home with more left to give (on a private road, naturally) Popped to the local scrappy for a rear wiper arm and on the way back, we hit a pigeon with the windscreen :shock: :censored:

New pics in my new members gallery thread......

She is....not even I can make her smile that much :lol:

This one is for the Monkey boy......Mrs B hard at work.....

DSC03303.jpg

OMG! :shock: I stand massively corrected.

Hi Mrs. B :wave: