Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

Mercedes Museum in Stuttgart

Just got back from my latest holiday to Germany. Thought I'd share some of the more interesting exhibits from the Merc Museum in Stuttgart. The whole city is an amazing place and well worth the hour and ten minute flight. For those who haven't been to Germany before it's just like England really but the streets are clean, the trains run exactly on time, there are no such things as chavs, and it is inhabited by the friendliest most hospitable people you are ever gonna meet. Oh, and they put us to shame when it comes to cooking a steak!

Anyhow, here are some pics:

80cebb69f7.jpg

173994e3c9.jpg

70225f3755.jpg

66c625193a.jpg

bef7f35ce0.jpg

82c89e3674.jpg

eb6d05aa72.jpg

Ringo Starr's old Merc! :D

b066e2490b.jpg

Wish I could have brought this back as a souvenir!

db065bd2e0.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: Bit out of my price range though!

64da344808.jpg

All in all a wicked holiday. Got loads more pics but they are taking an age to upload and sort through!

And my Corrado didn't take kindly to being left at home. Went to take it out this morning for the first time since getting back and made it no further than the end of my driveway! There was a little light on the dash blinking at me and upon a brief inspection of my garage floor I found a large puddle of water and coolant! :lol: How, how does that happen? It's sat there untouched for a week and just spontaneously dumped all of its coolant. It wasn't leaking before I left! :scratch: :lol:

I found a large puddle of water and coolant! :lol: How, how does that happen? It's sat there untouched for a week and just spontaneously dumped all of its coolant. It wasn't leaking before I left! :scratch: :lol:

Its a Corrado, it doesnt need a reason... :lol:

Pics look good. I love germany :hitler: , went to the ring last year and was amazed at how nice all aspects of the country were. Will definately go back. Makes you wonder WTF has happened to our country... :help: :censored: :ignore:

Looks good, have seen the transporter before, apparently fitted with a full competiton spec 300SL engine and was good for 120mph.

When are you visiting the Hyundai museum :D

I went to Stuttgart in 2006 to watch a World Cup game.

I didnt really get to see much of the city but agree with you, the people are so friendly and couldnt do enough for us.

We camped about 25 miles outside the city at a lake where people went swimming everyday with the only building being a bar, would love to go back one day.

The museum looks fantastic!!

I love Mercs, my mate works for them and has taken me out in a few AMG's.

He has driven a CLK DTM AMG, said its out of this world!!

When are you visiting the Hyundai museum :D

:lol: I already work at one! You should see some of the retro Hyundai classics we've had traded in recently.... P reg Accent Coupe anybody?...

Makes you wonder WTF has happened to our country... :help: :censored: :ignore:

Mate, I reeeaaaallllly didn't want to come back. All the stuff England thinks it is good at Germany is actually good at, and all the things England is good at Germany is better at. I would live there in a second given half a chance. There were some typical brits abroad at our hotel that were just really loud and idiotic. When the football was on I was next to them in the bar and I made sure when I was within earshot that I ordered all the drinks in German so they didn't realise I was English and try to talk to me. I was so embarassed I just didn't want to be associated with them. Sad really.

The museum looks fantastic!!

I love Mercs, my mate works for them and has taken me out in a few AMG's.

He has driven a CLK DTM AMG, said its out of this world!!

If you ever get the chance to go just take it mate. It was brilliant. Those pics barely scratch the surface! The SLK55 AMG was just awesome. My girlfriend has a new favourite car!

Ahhh, the SLK55 - generally acknowledged as the worst car Mercedes have produced in a very long time. Monumental na engine dropped into a car which cannot cope. Friend had one of the first in the country, think it was probably the first to be part exchanged as well - utter piece of crap, nasty, lifeless steering, stupidly poor body control, far too nose heavy - looks good and sounds great though.

How can a company produce something as bad as this and then turn out an awesome car like the CLK Black Series is baffling

Just got back from my latest holiday to Germany. Thought I'd share some of the more interesting exhibits from the Merc Museum in Stuttgart. The whole city is an amazing place and well worth the hour and ten minute flight. For those who haven't been to Germany before it's just like England really but the streets are clean, the trains run exactly on time, there are no such things as chavs, and it is inhabited by the friendliest most hospitable people you are ever gonna meet. Oh, and they put us to shame when it comes to cooking a steak!

Ha! I live in Germany and agree 100%. Cost of living and quality of life is also better overhere.

I've spent 1 hour in Cologne airport before having to rush back with a Lamborghini spare, and it does seem a really nice place! :cheers:

Ahhh, the SLK55 - generally acknowledged as the worst car Mercedes have produced in a very long time.

Yeah, but they look nice. :wink: :lol:

Can't wait to go back next year. Think I'm gonna arrange a driving holiday and travel over as wide an area as possible. Still haven't been to Wolfsburg yet....