Sign in to follow this  
Merstham_VR6

need new brake discs

My standard VR6 Corrado (95 N) has just failed it's MOT due to the brake pads being pitted, I need to now replace these. I've been looking around, I can uprate them and have a very wide selection but what would be the best? Purchase the stock one's from VW, Brembo, EBC? the list goes on?????

Any help would be very appreciated

Over and out!

Stock VW discs are very good and last ages, if you want good performance buy some Ferodo DS2500 pads - not cheap tho at £75 a set.

Other option is to upgrade to a full 288mm setup off a late Golf VR which uses much larger pads - search on here for info

If you can wait a week or two you can have my 280mm Brembo max fronts and mintex extreme pads off me? :wink:

Very good combination, only taking off as fitting 288's. Only done about 3K on them so loads of life!

I'm guessing he wants his car back on the road ASAP?

If those items are 4-stud, I could be interested. I'm guessing they are 5 though.

Sorry for the hijack.

Yeah you're probably right, plus that would force me to get my finger out and finish the conversion! :lol:

The disks are indeed 5 stud, but the pads will fit the 280 calipers/carriers (which will also be up for sale soon)

As above, sorry for hijack! :grin:

mic_VR thanks for the offer but I need them for the weekend... My collegue here at work has a friend who works for a VW dealer and he can get me 2 x stock discs and pads for £75.00, happy days...

Seperate note - I'm nased in Reigate, are there any regular meets? When is the next drive/convoy to a big VW event with lots of C's :D

Also off topic, but yours isn't a red one is it? See one driving around Reigate and Merstham all the time!

Wait..so it's you!?! Do you live just before the Merstham Skate park thingy on the main road? Always see a Red VR6 parked up, and a guy cleaning it alot. have posted several times on the spotted thread but with no replies! I live in Purley, was Coulsdon before that. I'm in redhill quite often tho.

Yes that's me... Parking space is under the tree so it gets a weekly wash due to the sap + I love tinkering around... What do you drive? Do you meet up with many members on here often? When is the next drive/convoy event? You may have followed me about a month ago, I was driving from Redhill to Reigate one Wednesday evening?

Aaaah so you ARE on the forum after all! A friend of mine said he spoke to you as he walked past a few months back, but i suspected that he was blowing hot air out of his arse. I drive a metallic green 16v on Borbet As (9" Rears), but at the moment i've got some MOT spec wolfraces on whilst I get my coilovers fitted. I may be off road for a while too, because I'm starting my engine swap soon!

Don't go to any meets (not until the car is done 8)), but I'd say the closest to us is probably No-Rice in Guildford. If you want t ofind out some more meet locations, check out the dub london forum (dub-london.com i think). Corradude lives up the road a bit more, and he says he's up for meeting 8)

As for last month..I didnt spot you driving, only ever seen you on the drive! I've spotted a green Polish plate C around Redhill, too..