Sign in to follow this  
Jay23Sx

A

Purchased my first Corrado about a month ago now, in fact my first ever car.

That's right, I'm a 27 year old non driver with a Corrado. Anyways, I'm learning now and this is my big incentive to finally get off my arse and pass. Thought I'd post a couple of pictures of what £700 will get you, and to be fair appart from some damage to the passenger wing the car isn't in bad shape. At this price I also had some reserve cash for making sure it runs OK. So far I've replaced the wheel bearings, the expansion tank, coolant hoses, power steering belt (no more squeaky steering at low speed!), spark plugs, suspenion drop pins (?), tie rods and filters. I think the money spent on repairs so far comes to about £300.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCorrado1.jpg[/attachment:26ynewhu]

Corrado2.jpg[/attachment:26ynewhu]

If she drives as well as I've been told she does then I'll probably have that wing sorted once I'm actually behind the wheel.

I guess I'm quite lucky really, the car had been in regular use until a few weeks before I took ownership and engine-wise the only problem was a tendancy to run hot.

The expansion tank was so discoloured that it was hard to tell whether it had any coolant in at all so that got replaced along with a leaky radiator hose and now she runs like a dream. Thanks to the suspension work she no longer tries to put you in a hedge so fingers crossed this should be quite straight forward ..

Good find! whats the mileage like?

Be prepared for an emptier wallet!

doenst look to be a bad find, specially not for the money you paid! amazing how much car you can get for such a reasonable amount of money!

thats your first car ! lol i would have loved that :tongue: good luck mate !

Blatantly, I'd have loved a Corrado when I first passed too. I ended up with a maroon Austin Metro. But that was when I was 17 and insurance was still a killer on that!

Good luck with the test mate. That is a great buy you got there and an awsome incentive to pass. 8)

Dont take this the wrong way...........but a Corrado isnt the easist vehicle to manouver if your a novice!! :(

beware the bulge around the wheel arches when parking! espeacily at the rear :shock: People try to race you, then find that they cant outbreak you....not funny if your minding your own business then some tw@t slams into the back of your car :bad-words:

Looks nice hope you enjoy :D

Dont take this the wrong way...........but a Corrado isnt the easist vehicle to manouver if your a novice!! :(

beware the bulge around the wheel arches when parking! espeacily at the rear :shock: People try to race you, then find that they cant outbreak you....not funny if your minding your own business then some tw@t slams into the back of your car :bad-words:

Looks nice hope you enjoy :D

I won't take it the wrong way, but I'm hoping that as I know of no other driving experiencing I will take to this quite well. Of course I am expecting a few issues, so I will wait till I've driven it before I have any of the bodywork replaced :)

Right, I've compiled a full list of what Iv'e done since I've had this car and recalculated the figures:

Car £700

4 x Tyres, Tracking Rods, Suspension Drop Pins & Ball Joints £220

2 x Coolant Hoses & Clips (VW Originals) £15

Expansion tank £10

2 x Rear Wheel Bearings & PAS Belt £80 (VW parts & fitting)

Right then ... took the Corrado for a blast down to Littlehampton this weekend (hello to whoever was in the green one on the way back - I've only got a 16V so couldn't keep up!) to dust off the cobwebs. Had the camera on me so took a couple of snaps - this one worked out the best from Saturday ...

web.jpg

And on Sunday the new ignition leads (dubpower), spark plugs and oil change was completed. Before it got put away again for the night another quick snap was taken.

web.jpg

Personally I don't think she's done that bad for an early model that's not had much work done in 18 years.

That looks lovely, you seem to have got yourself a winner! :clap:

I had to wait until I was 25 to get my first Corrado, as I couldn't afford the insurance before that even with 3 years no claims! :roll:

Congratulations :wink:

That's a nice motor, I like the wheels a lot. Wish I could have had a rado as my first car too but I had a ford Euuughhh!

Nick

I like the wheels now, but I wasn't so sure when I got the car. In fact I can't find any others that I like as much.

Unfortunately they really are in a state, by the looks of them they've been painted at some point which is now bubbling. Would the survive another reconditioning?

Yeah they will, the refurbers will blast all the paint and imperfections off and then give them a nice fresh coat.

Nick

Just to let everyone know I passed my test yesterday (first time) so I'm now driving the old girl around.

As good as I was expecting (so far) and I'm looking forward to spending more time with her !

Well done mate. :clap:

I was just looking through the thread to find out if you had.

Hope you enjoy the Rado and the freedom it'll bring you :D

Well done mate. :clap:

I was just looking through the thread to find out if you had.

Hope you enjoy the Rado and the freedom it'll bring you :D

I'm certainly looking forward to it :)

Quick update for everyone .. she's off the road after driving for just 3 days.

Began to stutter yesterday just a mile from home - limped back just about but only by keeping the revs up. Had the RAC around today as I can't get hold of my mechanic but it just won't idle properly and keeps cutting out. He's discounted a leak in the vacuum system but thinks the mixture is wrong - if you adjust the idle point it'll keep pulling itself back from the point of stalling but the mix is very rich.

Will hand over to the mechanic tomorrow but I'm back on the train after only a few days :(

Unclip the top of the airbox and make sure the circular metal plate on the metering head is moving up and down freely.

Also try unplugging the 5th injector to see if that is causing the overfueling. It's the blue plug on the passenger side of the inlet manifold.