Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Getting stains out of seats...not those kind either!

So, there are a few stains on the back of the drivers seat on the black cloth. I've tried the usual AutoGylm/Megs spray stuff, but alas they are still there :(

Anyone got any ideas how to get them out? Is there a proper interior shampoo stuff I can use?

Cheers,

D.

hire a carpet cleaner or find someone with a vax wet and dry, and do the whole interior with it, you will be amazed how much crap comes out of the driver carpet, you couldnt even see the purple stripes in the pattern on my seats until I used the carpet cleaner.

Just make sure you get a carpet cleaner with a hose rather than one of the rotary brush types, the one i hired came with much more shampoo than i needed and cost 15 quid all in for a week, oh and also wait for a sunny day so you can leave all the windows and doors open to let it dry.

i have this thing in the loft called a "little green cleaning machine" or something like that, its amazing for cleaning carpets and seats, like a vax really.

i dropped a JD & coke over a girlfriends dads brand new white carpet once and it rescued me 8)

all of the above sound good ^^

i've also heard that lighter fluid is excellent at removing stains, weird i know but worth a try.

Err just don't smoke whilst doing this.... :nono:

i dropped a JD & coke over a girlfriends dads brand new white carpet once and it rescued me 8)

In a car? Wow, now thats P.I.M.P, cheers the the advice, will give them a try this weekend.

Cant beat good old brake cleaner for stains, been using it on carpet stains for years. Stinks at first but it evaporates so doesnt last long, and it gets pretty much anything out!

Failing that the best thing is a vax of some sort as mentioned, they work really well.

Vax V020's can be picked up on the Bay for peanuts!

Apparently one of the best tools for interiors, so I've been told by a "Pro"