Sign in to follow this  
Brando

"One thing after another" OR Girls and Corrado's d

Edit: FFS it must be one of those days :/

TOPIC SHOULD READ - "One thing after another" OR Girls and Corrado's don't mix

Everyone I ever spoke to when I wanted a Corrado stated a car like that will just have one problem after another. Damn it they are right :/.

So far (and I have prolly gotten of lightly compared to some.)

New Distributer - £80, new Bosch,

Vibratechnics front engine mount - £140

Repaired and painted rear wheel arch (l8 night wall scraping returning from my now Ex-gfs)- £320, also got the wing mirrors and plate bellow the headlights resprayed at the same time.

Puncture - £180, 2 new Yoko AVS sports

Service - £225, full tune, oil, general clean up and VAG session

and now THE curbing incident (see my post in the problems sections to further my humiliation)- On the way to meet a girl damn it!!!! Hopefully this will be resolved in a low cost bar my wheels needing to be refurbed even more. :/ But could cost a lot depending on what the geometry test says this Sat :(

Grr getting that cursed feeling :/, yet I still luv my C. Totally irrational

Anyone else finding similar things :/??

I guess the only real solution is to not have the Corrado as my daily drive.

I have a spreadsheet showing what I've spent in the 18 months of ownership so far. It's frightening.. Really..

One door handle, one headlight switch, both rear quarters resprayed (one before my ownership, one after), one pair of tyres (soon to be two), one starter motor, one battery, one engine hose, one exhaust, one ABS sensor, one full set of rear disks/pads/calipers/bearings, one engine mount, one fuel pump, one aux water pump ...

I'm looking forward to one day having the newest corrado on the road! :)

Grr getting that cursed feeling :/, yet I still luv my C. Totally irrational

Yup... :roll:

Car reversed into and headlamps/grill smashed, driver scarpers quick -> cost £600

2 weeks later, put the car into my garage... Litterally! :shock: :oops: Scratched front wing, dunno how much to fix it as I've not had chance 'cos 3 days later...

...Head gasket goes -> Cost £150 + hire car (£90) Also got the head gas flowed while it was off! :wink:

Crank bolt shears off 3 days after fitting newly flowed head -> Cost £???? So far it's cost me the best part of 3K, but I'm kinda going overboard with the work I'm doing on it... :roll: :wink: :lol:

Bad 2 months that was... :cry: And the mad thing is that I still love the car to bits and miss her like mad! I can't wait to get her back on the road... Totally insane! :?

Can I explain this irrationality? nope! Does just about every other 'rado owner know EXACTLY what we mean? YUP! :lol:

you should ask Joe M about his 2.0 rado....

its a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig list of stuff.. :shock:

his VR6 has been event free... i think.. :)

Brian

I've had my 1.8 16V for 8 years and used to replace everything as and when it broke (very frequently) including alternator, 2x starter motors, various hoses, oil cooler, header tank, head gasket. Finally got pished off and did a monty on it when head gasket went again and took lumps of the head with it. Got a recon (Vege) engine, new clutch and recon'd the 'box along with all new belts and hoses. Alternator and water pump. Then went to town around the corners with new springs, dampers, top mounts, wishbones (inc bushes), tie rods, bearings, discs, pads, calipers (rear) and every other bit that rolls or bounces. Just to annoy me, one top mount and one bearing (opposite sides of course) went within 3 months, and then again, but OK now. Then the G/F kerbed the new 17's.

Must be utterly insane, as I've spent over £3k fixing a car that's only worth £2.5k. When are the prices gonna start rising with this classic status that TopGear were on about ? Bring on the Scoob, now, please.

I hate to say it but this is what Corrado ownership is all about.

Get used to it.

You have to weigh up whether the envy you get from other drivers, and the pride of driving one of VW's finest is worth the bloody agro you get when it breaks.

I guess most of us think its worth it. I didn't and sold up.. but I really regret it now and am scheming to get another Corrado :)

I knew it would be tough, but the relentlessness can really get me down.

The Boss "I'm going down down down" (Mr. Springsteen = The Boss)

I luv driving it and when it feels right its just such a good car!!! :evil: :twisted:

what I've spent in the 18 months of ownership so far. It's frightening.. Really..

Only had my C 3 weeks it's been fine so far but after reading this thread I'm beginning to wonder what I've let myself in for!! :? :p

Mmmm, full respray, interior retrim, new 16" wheels, head gasket, head rebuild, starter motor, all engine mounts, water pump, water pump pulley, distributor and leads, wishbones, ball joints, bushes, topmounts, rear topmounts, front struts, front springs, all bumpstops, arb links, arb's (modification), rear discs and bearings, front bearing, both front outer CV boots, drivers/passenger windows and window seals, steering rack/bulkhead rubber gaitor, both fuel pumps and some other bits I'm sure I've forgot. But then it was a bit of a scrapper project bought for a grand!! :D 8)

All this when I know I won't be driving it much after the end of this year due to spending a lot of time across the pond! How insane is that??!