Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

I think I'm going Japanese, I think I'm going Japanese...

Would you sell this...

DSC00100.jpg

A 1995 Corrado VR6, full VWSH, loads of history, 82,000ish miles and in very good condition...

to buy a 1998/99 Honda Integra Type-R (DC2)?

Nothing wrong with the Corrado at all, its quick, reliable and pretty unique, just thinking of a change.

Discuss.

They're supposed to be awesome. Mr Beige was telling me about a video where one dominates an R32.

Dunno if I like the shape enough though.

I'd sell the VR for 2k and move on, it's all VR's are going for these days.......... did I mention I'd buy it off you :lol:

no, not if the corrado is in great condition as said etc, has plenty of life in it still.

i think the corrado seems more grown up than the vtec stuff

Asking in the wrong place!!

Avoid the r1c3.

Lol. Next you'll be saying 733T and things.

Anyway... What's outside your house right now, apart from my mum's car???

Asking in the wrong place!!

Avoid the r1c3.

Lol. Next you'll be saying 733T and things.

Anyway... What's outside your house right now, apart from my mum's car???

Too much time talking to Sooty!!

Apart from your mum's car? Your sister's scooter! :wave:

Too much time talking to Sooty!!

Apart from your mum's car? Your sister's scooter! :wave:

Hehe. Poor little scooter, dunno how it copes...

Ive had Hondas in the past and they were awesome, not as much charater as a C but great cars... my brother had a 99 integra type R and it was superb.

Most people dismiss Hondas because they have either never driven one or driven it for 5 minutes...with the type R's or vtec's once you get used to the rev band etc they are great fun.

They're supposed to be awesome. Mr Beige was telling me about a video where one dominates an R32.

Dunno if I like the shape enough though.

You can Dominate an R32 in a VR6 Golf or Corrado, standard R32`s are not that quick to be fair

Put it this way, neither car is bad. But having owned both for over 5 years side by side I sold the Type R to fund my R32 engine conversion, so what does that tell you? ..........but the Type R is the better car without question, much better handling and LOVED the engine. Never went wrong other than regular service items either :wink:

Type R's are supposed to be excellent but the only complaint I ever hear about stuff like that against the Corrado is a lack of soul. And I think that counts for a lot.

Type R's are supposed to be excellent but the only complaint I ever hear about stuff like that against the Corrado is a lack of soul. And I think that counts for a lot.

So, soul = torque? :nuts: I like jap cars too, but I think you will miss the soul/character of C if you sell it.

So, soul = torque? :nuts: I like jap cars too, but I think you will miss the soul/character of C if you sell it.

Or does soul = breaking everytime you buy a shiny item to fit it? :lol: If I just wanted to get in a car and drive it, I'd go Jap, reliability is so much better, take 4x4s, Landrover = toss, if you really want to go somewhere, Japanese is the way forward.

Or does soul = breaking everytime you buy a shiny item to fit it? :lol: If I just wanted to get in a car and drive it, I'd go Jap, reliability is so much better, take 4x4s, Landrover = toss, if you really want to go somewhere, Japanese is the way forward.

Reliability is over-rated, He says having postponed the MOT to get the water pump changed :lol: Good excuse to fit a solid pulley instead of that damn rattley freewheeling one though! :clap: 8)

And it's "Turning Japanese!"

I was referring to the Vapours Hit hinted at in the thread title!

Edit: penny drops! Nice one! Ha har :lol: :lol:

:lol: It's a quality tune!

i thought the DC2 was the really new one?

i think you should sell the corrado sell the house

and in return buy a flat and the new Skyline :clap: that was an insane time round the top gear track

and think of the tuning possibilities