barryarginnraddo

1.8t conversion wiring

Hi, im just about to start a 1.8t agu conversion to my m reg 2.0 valver.

Im going to try and use stadard Agu ecu, is there any one here who has done this to there corrado, i had a look in the definative 20v thread but with no answers ahoy!

The ecu has been de-imobilized.

I need some adice with the wiring and how to get my temp gauge, rev counter oil light etc. working on the new engine.

cheers

Ollie

For the rev counter you need a signal converter type thingy from Jabbasport about £50 ish

there is a chap on the 20v turbo thread who has used the factory ecu. think he had a loom made.

i used standalone managment, piece of cake to install

the ecu isnt worth alot i wouldnt have thought, but i would ditch it and go stand alone. not as refined as standard ecu and control, but you can ditch alot of the secondary air system which allows for a neater install.

The AGU ECU is just about the worst version of ME7 imo, bin it and go Standalone, or if you can find one, go ME7 from the newest 1.8T (Octavia, Polo, Ibiza etc). BJX engine code usually. That is by far the smoothest 1.8T software to leave VAG.......but it will have added hardware complications when retro fitting.

As mentioned already, standalone wiring is nice. I love doing Standalone looms. You can get every colour wire under the sun and all the junior timer pins etc from www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk

For shielded crank cable and AMP connectors etc, CPC Farnell are your best bet.

There are some good maps kicking around for 1.8Ts, especially if you go DTA.

Ignore the crap idle and part throttle myths you hear about with standalones, it's not true. If you plan on upgrading the turbo etc (most 1.8T owners do!) then a standalone will pay dividends.

It would be nice to get ME7 working in a Corrado as per the factory though, just depends what your goals are.

my MBE management is very smooth on part throttle and has no idle issues. its shouldnt if its set up properly. cold starts are also fine.

real easy to wire up and intergrate into the original corrado wiring loom.

I converted my mates mk2 and done all the wiring myself using standard ecu. Only thing i didnt get working was rev counter

Do it yourself, full guide on club Gti! Or speak to Andy outhwaite if you REALLY don't want to do it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk