VAG-hag

Brembo 4 pots - will they go on?

HI.

Yr much better off getting a brembo GT upgrade kit.

I have just fitted a pair to my G60.

Pair of Seat Ibiza Cupra R brackets and a pair of Ibiza Cupra R 305mm Disc's

They are multi fit by virtue of the bolting points being the same and its the bracket that does the firring.

Can get ya some shots if you want.

Porsche link Ebay

You could use the Porsche calipers they will fit to the Seat brackets.

See here for a look on how to

See here for a look on how close my calipers are to my Borbet 16's :shock:

Deciding on removing 2mm from the disc's or move up to 17's haha..

Hope it helps

Rob

Where do you get the GT upgrade kit from, as I'm looking into this too? Can't find any Seat Brembo Calipers anywhere :( . I've already bought the Seat disks though (£120 from Brakes International) but they are 326mm I think.

Where do you get the GT upgrade kit from, as I'm looking into this too? Can't find any Seat Brembo Calipers anywhere :( . I've already bought the Seat disks though (£120 from Brakes International) but they are 326mm I think.

Greetings.

I got my calipers via flebay for £150. Discs n brackets from Seat dealer. The 305mm discs are 4 stud this is what the early Ibiza'a had. So perfectly suited to my 60.

The Seat calipers are generic they fit many applictons as i said its the bracket that gives the car specific fitting. So you will find the same caliper on many cars. They don't have specific mounting lugs just holes that match to the brackets and the brakets fit the car.

For the 327mm discs you will need Audi brackets or Seat Leon Brackets these had the same disc size. I so happen to have a pair of Audi/Seat brackets going spare.

Brake lines came from Badger 5 click n see

You can buy the whole kit from there. I just made mine from seperate components.

Stop tastic brakes :clap:

Beauty!!

Cheers for the info! :thumbleft:

Do you have to sign up to ed38 to view stuff Karl?

Greetings.

I got my calipers via flebay for £150. Discs n brackets from Seat dealer. The 305mm discs are 4 stud this is what the early Ibiza'a had. So perfectly suited to my 60.

The Seat calipers are generic they fit many applictons as i said its the bracket that gives the car specific fitting. So you will find the same caliper on many cars. They don't have specific mounting lugs just holes that match to the brackets and the brakets fit the car.

For the 327mm discs you will need Audi brackets or Seat Leon Brackets these had the same disc size. I so happen to have a pair of Audi/Seat brackets going spare.

Brake lines came from Badger 5 click n see

You can buy the whole kit from there. I just made mine from seperate components.

Stop tastic brakes :clap:

Hi mate,

So sorry to drag this subject up again. Still not done my breaks :ignore: & after a few loops round the ring this year & a few more planned next year i really think i should sort them!!

From what you were saying I can use audi or seat carriers. these from the Leon C R? & which Audi? S3 maybe?

Im thinking 323mmm disks that i think are Seat again...... thanks again & again sorry for the delay. Saw your stoppers btw. nice - did you ever have any rubbing??

cheers :wave:

Bought Fiat coupe turbo brembo calipers from ebay. Which is using 304mm discs but brembos are big enough to work on 330mm brake discs. I will use 323mm seat leon cupra discs. I have to put some 15mm spacers under wheels.

24698160019_medium.jpg?212806-335

From what you were saying I can use audi or seat carriers. these from the Leon C R? & which Audi? S3 maybe?

Im thinking 323mmm disks that i think are Seat again...... thanks again & again sorry for the delay. Saw your stoppers btw. nice - did you ever have any rubbing??

Chris, for a no hassle bolt on mod. You need the following.

I pair of Seat Leon Cupra R Brembo 4 Pots.

1 Pair of Seat Leon Cupra R Discs (323x28mm) (can be bought new from EBC for £120)

1 Pair of Seat Leon Cupra R Caliper Mounting Brackets.

1 Pair of 10-15mm wheel spacers depending on wheel design, you'll have to cross that bridge when you get to it.

I pair of Seat leon Cupra R front brake hoses.

Second hand bargains can be bought from Ebay for £350ish for a complete set up, £200 odd for Calipers, the brackets are a little more hard to come by. Dust seal kits for the Brembos are £25 per caliper.

Alternatively, you can just buy a decent set of calipers and just use the Seat Discs which is what i have done, you can either get ones like Red Typhoon has which are lug mounted like the standard calipers, or you can get ones like the Seat Brembo ones and mine which are radially mounted, for which you need an angled bracket, this i feel allows for a little adjustment should you want to go for a bigger disc.....

hope this all helps.... :D

Thanks Gents,

I have seen those Fiat ones go for silly cheap on ebay - will keep that in mind Mr Typhoon 8)

KIP

Been looking for SEAT Brembo stuff for a while (even keep telling my mate im going to pinch his) but I think there is a big 'scene tax' on them now.... even the carriers from SEAT are bloomin expensive!! :eek: :brickwall:

so.....

I have been asking round a few folk at home & have been pointed in the direction of a guy who will make me some brakets to suit what I want... Ill go for the Seat/ VW 323x28mm disks (like the look of the EBC ones) & just keep my eyes peeled for some tasty looking calipers. Do all Brembo calipers have Brembo part numbers on them? ie if off a Ford will they still have Brembo part numbers? If this is the case then I can always check that they will be suitable for my disks beforehand nomatter what car they come off.... You using 323x28 with your rather stunning calipers??

I have done a little reading on brake lines etc & im sure I can get them made up when I eventually have the right Calipers.

Spacers like you say Ill know when its time to know :D I was hopig to avoid but :shrug:

Again thanks very much for the :help: chaps :notworthy:

hi chris,

go onto ed38 as theres a set of porsche calipers for sale, and at £175 delivered there a good buy.

karl

Anyone know if you can fit Mitsi Evo Brembo brakes as my sister has a spare set in her garage that she wont miss :norty:

Cheers Karl,

Gone right up my own arse with some of the sexy ass calipers on offer on ebay though!! Magpie Morris they should call me!! Its all accademic @ the mo cos im awaiting some cashmonies.....

Should have bought yours when i had the chance.......

sorry to hijack your thread. i also want to upgrade the brakes on my VR6. im running on the standard 16 speedline alloys. does anybody know what is the biggest set of breaks you can get in them. if you could reccomend a couple of upgrade sets too that would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Standard 16 or 15s mate?

If its the speedies you have they will be 15 & if you want to keep em then go for the 288mm uprgade off a late Golf VR. If you do a quick search on here there are plenty of threads on the subject & plenty of people have gone for this mod.

Hope this helps a little......

im sure the alloys are 16". unless im measuring them wrong. iv went from outer lip to outer lip, is that correct? :confused4:

if they are 16" will 308mm disks fit behind them?

What does the tyre say? eg 205/45/16 would be a 16" rim, 205/50/15 would be a 15" rim, the last number being the size your wheel is. :D

your right KipVR they are 15" wheels

it looks like a new set of alloys are coming up then :lol:

will 308mm brakes fit any 16" wheel. im prob gonna stick with the 5 spoke style

some wheels are more accomadating than others mate, just the way it is really. The main concern is the distance between caliper & spoke, this can be got round with spacers though.

If you are sticking with the speedlines then 288s are the way to go.

Read my post 2nd on the first page.

Shows many links on how to do this MOD.

I have just fited 4 pot Brembos on the G60. There is a link on my fitting shows how close my calipers are from the inner wheel edge. The usual space allowance is 2