VAG-hag

Brembo 4 pots - will they go on?

Hi Mate,

Those calpipers will need slight modification in order to work with the 323mm discs. The 4 pegs that are on the inside of the caliper will need grinding back a little :D

So not much modification required. Hope this helps :D

Hi Mate,

Those calpipers will need slight modification in order to work with the 323mm discs. The 4 pegs that are on the inside of the caliper will need grinding back a little :D

So not much modification required. Hope this helps :D

yes of course it helps :clap:

and the pads need grinding too?

anyone have some pics of that?

thanks VAG-hag

No problem mate 8)

I have heard of people grinding back discs/ pads for braking mods. TBH im not 100% sure that it is needed with the calipers you have.....

If the quote I included (from UK MK IVs) in this thread mentions some 235mm discs that I believe are 25mm thick & so pretty ideal for your calipers - this may be worth looking into. I sure will be if I find some calipers at the right price :salute:

No problem mate 8)

I have heard of people grinding back discs/ pads for braking mods. TBH im not 100% sure that it is needed with the calipers you have.....

If the quote I included (from UK MK IVs) in this thread mentions some 235mm discs that I believe are 25mm thick & so pretty ideal for your calipers - this may be worth looking into. I sure will be if I find some calipers at the right price :salute:

Surely it's more sensible to buy componants that fit each other in the first place than end up grinding back so many parts? What's the point of buying exotic brakes and then grinding each set of replacement pads just so they fit?

Sure quite a bit of money has been saved on the calipers but then you're grinding mileage from every set of £120 pads before you even use them! It's bonkers.

I couldnt agree more John its not the route i would go down if i was to go for Boxster S rears. I would explore the 325mmx 25mm discs mentioned earlier. I currently dont know what car they are from but I would try to find these..... What brakes do you have on your C?

As it happens I thought i had me a nice AP setup but was outbid at the last min on ebay :(

I couldnt agree more John its not the route i would go down if i was to go for Boxster S rears. I would explore the 325mmx 25mm discs mentioned earlier. I currently dont know what car they are from but I would try to find these..... What brakes do you have on your C?

As it happens I thought i had me a nice AP setup but was outbid at the last min on ebay :(

youre great

already send PM to DaveB1970 from uk-mkivs.net forum and already have de answer.

325x25mm with spacer kit to adapt his carrier : 170£ delivered to Portugal :norty:

I have the Brembo 323mm kit (from a Seat Leon) with Brembo discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads. Produces 1.2g deceleration on track which is enough to bend your neck easily. Even these aren't easy to squeeze under many kinds of wheels, but at least the discs & pads line up correctly which is one less major ball-ache to deal with.

The kits were a lot cheaper when I sourced mine from Badger5 than they are now, but IMHO they're still reasonable money for the parts supplied, which are all new parts. The Brembo ungrooved discs are more than up to the job of track work. I wouldn't bother with grooved ones based on my experience, but *would* recommend using the Brembo discs which have proved to be very robust on my own car.

I can honestly say (and Chazrad & Vorwend will verify to sore necks!) that I have pushed these brakes as hard as they can go on the track, with disc heat which is still unbearable to be close to even after 10 minutes of cooldown with smouldering & smoking pads but when in use the brakes are fade-free, dependable and powerful. I can't imagine you would want any more from a braking system on a Corrado unless you were actually going to go and race one properly.

youre great

already send PM to DaveB1970 from uk-mkivs.net forum and already have de answer.

325x25mm with spacer kit to adapt his carrier : 170£ delivered to Portugal :norty:

Nice one buddy 8)

Enjoy & get some pics up whaen you can! :clap:

Cheers for that John,

I think the Boxster S rears are simlar in size/ performance to the Seat setup. It seems that I looked into this just a little too late as the Seat calipers dont come up too often at reasonable prices :(

Cant wait to improve on the rather poor 280s!!

Thanks again :salute:

im planning to fit boxter s rears have the callipers but struggling withe the carriers mbt want £350 to make some to fit 312mm is there anything else i could use

cheers

find a good engineering place to make them up for you or maybe some Seat Cupra R carriers (not cheap either) Ive been told of a place up here that will make them.

Or look up DavidB on UK MkIV forum, he seems to know his stuff & is very helpful! tell him i sent you :grin:

Im not 100% on them fitting but im sure KADVR6 on here said that they would.....

As for a cost from the place here I really dont know. Im in Barnsley so not a million miles away but there will be someonenear you able to sort some.... start asking the petrolheads near you - thats what I did. Just not done anything about it yet!!! :lol:

so u mean fit 312 callipers instead of goin brembo?

sorry i meant fit some 312mm discs while your doing the conversion.

i was planning on running 312mm discs already have the brembos and using these carriers would that work?

cheers

kwl thanks for your help was starting to regret buying the callipers and selling my 288 set up :notworthy:

when they are fitted, and your running a good pad/discs combo you will not regret selling the 288's, you will just wish you had done this earlier.

what discs/pads you going for??

havnt got a clue havnt really got that much left in the budget

i have :

new callipers

need:

pads

disks

carriers

pad retaining clips

hoses

bigger wheels

is there anything else?

you may also need some spacers depending on the clearance, but thats about it.

just my 2p but standard vw 312's with ferodo ds5200's is a very good disc/pad set up.

yh i got a set of cheeppo temporary spaces hanging around

what cars would the discs come off r32s and tts?