Sign in to follow this  
sciroccotune

Corrado passive rear steering questions

the corrado is a naturally understeery car, as VW set up nearly all their cars like that to eire on the side of caution for the everyday driver as they don't want people unwittingly oversteering through hedges!

The VR experiences a lot more understeer than the 4 cylinder models, they seem a lot better balanced.

The VR has more grip at the front end too, and no more grip at the rear. Balances out (as it were), in my experience. ;)

I've never managed to unsettle the rear end on the corrado in the same way as I could my old MK2 GTI!

You clearly have not been trying hard enough, seriously. ;) Pile into a corner, do something stupid like stamp on the brakes, and you'll be piling on opposite lock. I've run out of steering rack before now.. Easy to provoke.

You don't even need to be going that fast which is nice :grin:

Diesel allows you to spin at about 25mph on a roundabout if you're oh so lucky :shock: ,

270 degrees round and missed everything thankfully :pale:

I find the corrado to be the best handling Dub i have owned, and that includes VR6 golf, a Rallye and numerous mk1`s, i find it is predictable and wherever you aim it through a corner %99 of the time its where it goes, very stable and brilliant grip (on mine anyway)

What suspension are you running ?

My old spax sprung 8v mk2 was predictable but slow(ish) and then I vr`d it with konigsports and eibach antinroll bars and it was fantastic (all the mk2 vr handling talk about it being bad ? with the above suspension mine was predictable and fast, kind of like a mk1 gti on fast forward :D ) I now have a standard 94 Vr and it feels numb by comparison and I feel something is needed to sort the handling, I have had a few rear out moments that were not expected at all :shock:

This could get expensive :lol: