Sign in to follow this  
vr6yan

My VR6

Just thought i would post some pic's of my car as ive just signed up. Had it around 2 and a half years. have got Weitec hicon tx coilovers, 17inch alloys (soon to be changed), cat back stainless steel exhaust and M3 style rear lights, there are a couple of other things to :)

28062008320.jpg

28062008318.jpg

28062008315.jpg

I am looking to put some 16inch alloys on it and want a 90mm front splitter for it, also could do with a respray. There the plans for the car just waiting for funds to allow it :clap:

Cheers all

you sure you want a 90mm splitter on that mate it will drag on everything? Nice motor and well come to the forum hope your loving the vr6 noise!

Well i looked at the bottom of the car now ive lowered it and the sump is below the line of the spoiler so i thought maybe the 90mm would give me a warning of its gona hit the sump :shrug: but do agree it would be a lot lower. Only good thing is its more of a weekend car as just dont have time in the week to get out in it :(

I like the wheels that are on it but one is ummm damaged and really needs changing and there the ones that were on the car when i bought it so i thought i would go for something diffrent and give it my own stamp(also another near exact one is going around where i live and stange people keep flashing and waving at me) :lol:

Looks wonderful! The big 5 spoke 17's REALLY suit it in my opinion - I wouldn't be in a hurry to change them! :)

looks very nice that mate. really like the wheels on it. red corrado always look mint when they are kept red! lol

Well i looked at the bottom of the car now ive lowered it and the sump is below the line of the spoiler so i thought maybe the 90mm would give me a warning of its gona hit the sump :shrug: but do agree it would be a lot lower.

Exactly! With a 50mm spoiler the sump is lower than the spoiler. I used to have mine very low when i had my wide wheels on etc and granted i could of gone lower and not caught my spoiler if i had gone for a 50mm but i would rather be scraping the plastic spoiler a bit rather than wiping the sump out :wink:

Oh and it looks fab 8) why does it need a respray? If its just tired looking paint i can help with that :wink: :lol:

Well as with all red car's it looks good now but thats is because i polished it last weekend before a show and give it another week or two in the sun it will be pink again :( , also got some lacquer coming off on the rear roof bit and someone obviously did a bit of a bodge spray on the drivers door and the lacquer is coming of there to. Also the paint on the bonnet is starting to go off as when it rains i get loads of water markes on it where the water sits and you carn't really polish them out. Its not really bad and most of my mates think it looks really good but ive noticed it and it bugs me so think when funds allow it it will get a spray i think. Also got to get the arches rolled on the back so no dout the paint will crack there. All good fun tho :)

Just carn't beat the noise of the VR6, well maybe a charged or turbo one :D

Have got the new wheels all fitted now and thought i would put some pic's up, still gona keep the old ones tho for spairs i think.

DSC00410-1.jpg

DSC00411-1.jpg

Just got to adjust the ride hight a bit and have ordered the new 90mm front splitter. Will hopefully fit it later this week when it comes :)

Looks ace mate, awesome colour too :lol:

New wheels look nice, but i preferred the old ones, 5 spokes really suit a C in my opinion. Ride on 17's can be a bit harsh though. Keep up the good work.

Right, havn't updated this in a while so thought i would as was online trying to shed some light on another fault ive got on my raddo (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=82177&p=952845#p952845) :(

But i have also made a couple of changes since my last post :D

Bigger front spoiler and yes i have caught it a couple of times :tongue:

18092008161-2.jpg

Ive had the cam chain changed and walst the engine was out i had the rocker cover and inlet manifold polished :)

DSC00228-1.jpg

Also tried to tidy some of the cables up in the engine bay as it was starting to look a little bit rubbish.

DSC00212-1.jpg

And fitted a BMC and enjoyed the sweet noise it makes(when the car runs) :D

DSC00227-1.jpg

Aslo fitted the 1 peice scuttle panel to make it look a bit smarter.

Got the car booked in for a respray in august too, hopefully will stop spending so much on it then :grin:

Cool think thats everything, Cheers Ian

Niiice!

Had been questioning the decision to change the wheels at all and I now stand corrected... Very nice choice indeed!

Cheers, i do really like the look of the car with the 5 spokes but wanted to make some of my own changes to the car. One day i might get another nice set of 5 spokes :D

im not a fan of 5 spokes to be fair, yours did look alright though!! bbs looks much nicer i rekon :D your doing a good job there...