fla

thermal fuse aircon replacement - with pics

I've managed (with difficulty, surprise surprise) to remove the thermal fuse panel from the circualtion fan. There appears to be a ceramic resistor, (what i can opnly assume to be the thermal fuse) on the board. This is from Lancia FIAT (???) with the following details: A390 90C 569 Didnt have my camera but it looks like an electrolytic capacitor rather than a resistor or fuse

Just had a look on the Maplin website and teh nearest tehy have is a 93C - now i dont know if this is compatible as there is no image. Has anyone replaced this? Or any suggestions?

BTW, contacts on the heater panel are fine and contact is being made, so i guess this si the only reason for losing speeds 1-3. Its different to the non aircon fan unit.

Thanks

would it be fair to assume that the aircon thermal fuse would have the same rating as that of the normal one? I just bridged mine and the fan works fine, but those resistors get damn hot very quickly, when running on speed 1! Can you get lower temp rated fuses? Presumably the fan airflow itself helps keep the resistors cool?

I've just redone the panel on mine - will post some pics up shortly. its a bit fiddly but the thermal fuse required is a 90C one. Totally different to the existing one.

here's what i did, sorry about the crap pics. I'veused the connectors from a 5A terminal block so if the fuse goes again, you can simply replace it.

You will see on the last picture that the LH post has been turned to run parallel to the side of the fuse panel. This is important as if it protrudes the panel wont fit.

Give me a shout if you want any more input on this.

as mentioned before, its fiddly, but then no more so than changing the leds in teh switches. Just take your time.

Hope that helps someone.

So after a good few weeks ive had a local auto electrics place replace the fuse and yesterday after a few hours and a sliced open thumb put it all back together and guess what...... it STILL DOESNT WORK!!!!! i literally at my whits end with this!!!!

What else could it be??? HELP!