Sign in to follow this  
thepigsknees

Newbie - Currently Golf Mk4 but want a Rado!

Hi All,

Just in the process of selling my 1.8T at the moment and when that's gone through I'm after a VR6 storm.

I'm sure I'll be asking for lots of pointers in the future!

Jonny

Cheers!

Quite a lot of the Corrados I've seen state 'engine rebuild at xxx miles'. Does this mean it's back to new effectively, or does it mean a few nuts and bolts have been replaced and it's been cleaned out?

I'll post this somewhere else if it's not the right forum!

You'd need to find out to what form the rebuild took really. some will just be bearings (etc) and some will be cylinder reboring etc.

Corrado Buying Guide might help you with your search.

Dont get hung up about gettng a Storm. There a nice supercharged VR in the Classified right now.

Yes that is nice! :notworthy:

I personally wouldnt pay extra for different paint and a badge! :wink: And the speedline wheels are so much nicer than the bbs ones :D

Just concetrate on finding the best one you can for your budget.

Matt :wave:

Yeah I have been thinking that I might be limiting myself just going for the storm. As long as I get a VR6 with leather interior and it's not red, then I'll be fine.

Budget depends on what my car sells for, which could be anything in the current climate!

welcome, good choice of car 8)

if i was buying again i doubt i'd look for an unmolested original again, unless the owner was the kind that replaced a lot of things.

i would rather buy one that a enthusiast has owned and loved, can get some good deals at the moment.

seems like an endless list of "things to do" i have :lol:

Good luck with the search mate, and keep hold of the TT Comps you got on the MKIV, in my opinion, they look quite the part on a VR6, and are a direct fit.

Oh, and welcome! :D

Welcome to the forum!!

You will love having a VR, much nicer than a MK4 Golf!!

Like others have said you can find a better specced VR for lower price than a Storm

Good luck with the search mate, and keep hold of the TT Comps you got on the MKIV, in my opinion, they look quite the part on a VR6, and are a direct fit.

Cheers. I sold the original wheels, so unless I find a cheap set, the wheels will go with my Golf :(

No interest in my car yet as I think it's priced too high, so won't be getting rado'ed up in a hurry!

Cheers. I sold the original wheels, so unless I find a cheap set, the wheels will go with my Golf :(

No interest in my car yet as I think it's priced too high, so won't be getting rado'ed up in a hurry!

There's always a set fo MKIV alloys kicking around on evilbay, then you could sell me your Comps. :D