Sign in to follow this  
brian g60 corrado

front speakers sounds to tiny even with new components

the sound in my corrado sounds far to tiny .even after fitting new component alpine speaker set .i have a good sony head unit.even tried differant head unit still the same.all wiring seems o.k. has anyone else had this and what to do to cure .or do you have to buy realy exspencive speakers.cheers all.

andycowuk, no its aint!!! i have my fronts runnin off my head unit, and it sounds bloody good!!!

brian g60 corrado, either try running bigger drivers in the doors, but it sounds like you may have your polarity crossed at the speakers. try changing that. maybe you have a bad earth or some other bad wiring in there somewhere.

Maybe it is your headunit, what kind is it? is it MP3's, copied cd's or tapes your playing? try some sound deadning.

Hope this helps.

The head uni you have is more than good enough to run the fronts mate. I have a £350 sony head unit that runs some infinty Kappa speakers and they sound the nuts....

Also check that your door "membranes" are attatched properly. These plastic sheets are attached to the door - behind the interior door panels. They may well have been damaged at some point.

Are the speakers properly secured to the doors ?

Using oxygen-free speaker wires will also improve sound quality. The "bell wire" that VW use as standard is not very good.

Have you connected the crossovers correctly ? If the high pass is connected to the bass driver & vice versa, this will sound awfully tinny.

If the high pass is connected to the bass driver & vice versa, this will sound awfully tinny.

haha yeah, and you wont have much of a tweeter left! :lol: