Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

German Susis RHD G60 - TUV test passed

...after buying a car for someone I have never met from Germany, tomorrow is D-Day (bad terminology maybe :D )

She is flying in to Manchester tonight and first thing tomorrow I'm collecting her from her hotel (which I have booked and paid for) and taking her over to Bolton to pick her new G60 up.

Getting nervous because although she has seen a lot of pictures of the car, its never the same as seeing a car in the metal.

She is then driving it all the way back to Munich via the Channel Tunnel.

I reckon she is pretty brave for a 22 year old girl who's never been to the UK and has never driven either a RHD car or a G60 before

I have not shelled any money out for the car - just her hotel for tonight.

Is she hot - thats a matter of opinion and as a happily married man it would be better if I did not comment - but yes she is :D, more importantly she is a genuinely nice girl

Was it the Black G60 she has bought? looked a lovely car if it was, sure she will be chuffed with it, why did she want a RHD one though? seems bizzare when Germany must be full of good LHD ones :lol:

she sounds like a bold lady making the trip into the unknown really, will be something to tell her mates whenever she gives them a lift in it around Munich 8)

Yes it is Joes black G60 - lovely standard car that is a fantastic base to work from.

She was very clear about what she was looking for - black, blue or silver, leather and less than 70k miles - Joes virtually picked itself.

She is a regular at Worthersee etc and wants a RHD car purely because it will be a talking point in Germany.

Looking forward to meeting her tomorrow - I've actually enjoyed helping someone buy a decent car

Nice one Andy! Would have been nice to grab some pics of her with the car and a few words about what happened, etc as a small featurette for the Sprinter. If you happen to find a few minutes to take a pic and jot a few words down (as a letter or something) sure it'd be a nice little read!

Will do Jim, I'm going in the Nugget tomorrow and we were planning on getting some pictures of the two cars etc together anyway.

I'll do a few words and get it over to you - must be a rarity a RHD Corrado being exported back to Germany

It is a lovely car, don't think you'll find many 18 year old cars with the original dealers tax disc holder in the windscreen, you can't put a value on originality like that.

I have got Susi to promise that she won't pinstripe it or anything equally tasteless - I'm sure it will evolve into a truly stunning car

What an enjoyable day - everything went like clockwork.

Picked Susi and her friend Martin up from their hotel near Manchester Airport and went straight over to meet Joe in Bolton.

All trotted off to the bank to pay the Euros into Joes account then back to near the Reebok Stadium to complete the paperwork and hand the car over.

Poor Susi was a bit baffled by it all, not speaking much English made it difficult for her to follow what was going on.

Then the big moment, Susi drove her first ever Corrado, her first ever RHD car and on the left hand side of the road for the first time.

Over to the Trafford Centre for a wander round and to get her the fish and chips that she was so desperate to try.

Down into Cheshire where a nice traditional English pub was found, soft drinks in the beer garden being the order of the day.

Then to the M6, I peeled off at J15 and off Susi and Martin went to the Channel Tunnel and a non-stop drive back to Munich, a total drive of about 870 miles.

Managed to put together some spares for her, charger belt, PAS belt, fuses, tie wraps, electrical tape, 1 litre of oil and G12+, Corrado keyring and a nice black 1/43 scale Corrado

Really nice to help someone out - just keeping my fingers crossed that they get back OK

Shes really conscious about her poor English so probably won't be posting on here.

She has no major plans for it in the short term apart from sorting out the small issues that every newly acquired car seems to possess.

I hope to see the car next year as I've been invited to Worthersee with Susi and her friends (both male and female) who go there every year.

She's quite hot too... :)

Looks nice, the nugget and the black next to each other...

iow_corrado_g60 - she sent me a PM asking if I could help her find a G60. I was very suspicious at first but being the trusting type I gave her the benefit of the doubt, I'm really glad I did as she is lovely and we have struck up a really good friendship.

Its cost me money with all the running around (4oo miles), phonecalls, box of spares etc but its been worth every penny - when we said goodbye yesterday afternoon she burst into tears and said that she could not begin to express how grateful she was for the help - that made it all worthwhile :D

From her first contacting me to picking the car up yesterday has taken less than 3 weeks - not a bad timescale.

What a really lovely thread. That's what I like so much about this forum: proof in an increasingly frightening world that there are still some really good people out there. Good on you mate.

Susi got home to Munich at 12 noon Saturday, not bad considering that they were still in Cheshire at 5pm on Friday. Car ran perfectly all the way, used zero oil, zero water and averaged 34mpg.

Apparently its being dewaxed today in preperation for the full Zaino treatment