Sign in to follow this  
Typhy

ive read in previous topics " face lift model"

Theres quite a few subtle differences. Bonnets are a different shape ( later models have a hump rather than recess), different slam panels and wider wings and bumpers on later models. Late headlights don't have the gap between the wing, fog lights aren't recessed, side mouldings are different I think. Heater controls are slider on early and dial on late, electric window switches are different and are located in a different spot in the doorcard. Steering wheel size possibly

Thats about all I can remember just now but I'm sure there are more.

3 slat grille, the fogs/indicators sit more flush with the bumper. bonnet goes ___------___ instead of -----______----- differnet interior switches, stalks central blower controls - round nobs instead of sliders. slightly different instruments too speedo, rev counter etc. I think the front wings on later models are minutely wider then earlier wings (so ive read on here somewhere) - So if you replace a wing or a bonnet you may find they dont fit as well due to mixing early wings with a later bonnet for example.

Some one may want to correct me on some of that, or add anything.

EDIT - AJ beat me too it ;)

Oh yeah and theres that. No an early feature i think. My 95 8v didnt have one. But my other 2 rados '93 and '91 had the hump.

Sorry misread that - yes, i think the flat rear bench was just a lat feature 94-95 i think.

front and rear bumpers are different on early cars too, as they have a swage line which mimics the wheel arch line on them where it meets the body, you can make it out in the pics, you can also see the difference in the headlamps and grille and the fogs/indicators are more recessed on the early car, far less common than later version :wink:

20080815_0147.jpg

20080815_0146.jpg

Oh yeah and theres that. No an early feature i think. My 95 8v didnt have one. But my other 2 rados '93 and '91 had the hump.

Sorry misread that - yes, i think the flat rear bench was just a lat feature 94-95 i think.

I'm confused... I thought it was the other way round - my 95 vr doesn't have a flat rear bench :shrug:

were the original alloys different too? hmm, thinking about it, I guess they were model dependent. I'm sure someone will know for def...

I'm pretty sure the hump is only a feature of G60s or VR6s.

Probably been swapped into loads of the valvers as it's a nice feature I think.

No, all VR6's and G60's came with the rear hump as well as all early valvers - it was only the late 95/96 8v and 16v that came with a flat rear bench.

As for wheels on UK Corrados, early valvers came with Sebring alloys, G60's came with the BBS - in 92 Valvers started getting Estorils untill 95 when they got Westwoods, 8v's all came with Westwoods. Vr6's mainly came with Speedlines apart from those that were given Mote Carlo's as an option from the dealer.

No, all VR6's and G60's came with the rear hump as well as early valvers - it was only the late 95/96 8v and 16v that came with a flat rear bench.

As for wheels on UK Corrados, early valvers came with Sebring alloys, G60's came with the BBS - in 92 Valvers started getting Estorils untill 95 when they got Westwoods, 8v's all came with Westwoods. Vr6's mainly came with Speedlines apart from those that were given Mote Carlo's as an option from the dealer.

thanks Walesy, I only knew for sure about Speedlines for VR6s and Solitudes for Storms. Anyone got a pic of the Westwoods? I don't think I know what they're like

I like the "westwood" alloys about as much as i like that bell end who calls himself "westwood" :lol: if he was a 6 foot black American rapper then maybe the name would work/suit him :shrug: , skinny northerners should stick to the name Kevin or Dave :wink:

Cant say im a fan of the wheels or the guy either tbh, I can never work out whether he's taking the piss when he acts like he does, like Ali G or something but a bit more tongue in cheek so less people notice it :shrug:

Think he is just another of those "stars" that should be assigned the title celebrity ***t and put in the hallowed pages of Viz :grin: