nathan.g4

Scuttle Panel

I saw this one the world wide and was thinkin of buyin one but wanted some opinions from you guys first :notworthy: incase somebody has invested or what :norty: not.

http://www.swgmotorsport.com/asps/Extra5.asp

There was a group buy for them on here when they first came out. I have one and I think it is very good. However I hd to extend the holes for the windscreen wipers a bit as it didn't fit perfectly. I think for some people it fit perfectly, others (like me) needed to modifify it slightly. Even with that I still think its a good item. Only slight annoyance is that I have to take my wipers off to ge at the ECU :lol:

Thanks for the posts i will look into the mk2 scuttle panel as £15 compared to £90 is a big diff one again thanks for the posts :clap:

its not clipped on along the widscreen side as my panel was missing the clips. Im sure you could trim it slightly and it would fit even better but its not bothered me

I just got one of these from the dealers, It doesnt look like the right one, what year is this scuttle off?

Argh! Just looked back at this!

Flustered is that the whole untrimmed panel?

Really want something to cover wiper motor and electrics as well...

yeh swg looks awesome! classy lookin bit of kit!

Been thinkin about one for ages, but at £90 quid i havent quite plucked up te courage yet :|

there are a couple of different ones fitted to the golf mk2, a flimsy shiney black plastic one and the thicker, matt finish hard plastic one

My mate had both types on two golf's the same age, so i'm not sure why they are different, neither of the golf ones seem to cover the wiper motor though.