Sign in to follow this  
Scott

heh heh heh heh

not into havin a good chomp 8) . i took on a vr n know what theyre capable of, not a lot in it, though never another G60, not enough of um up here.

Scott-do you go to the club gti meet at hertitage green. gonna go to the one on monday. not been before. gonna meet a vortexer who runs SNs with 30#

Me neither mate *;) - just thought see who would bite :lol:

Trouble is with some VR6's is that alot of em arent running right so Im told.....

A friend of mine who has a Calibra 16v said he beat a Corrado VR6 when racing.... I said it obviously wasnt running correctly...or he wasnt trying... he wouldnt agree with me would he! *:)

Heritatage Green ? - wheres that? - Im not a member for one though mate....

sorry hermitage Green. near warrington. I not a member either nor is the guy im meeting. he has a Golf G60 which should be doing good horses. gonna have a look at the outlet properly too to see if i need one for my front mount :p

sorry hermitage Green. near warrington. I not a member either nor is the guy im meeting. he has a Golf G60 which should be doing good horses. gonna have a look at the outlet properly too to see if i need one for my front mount :p

Might have to drive down and have a gander - not far from me *:)

I've driven an old shape Scoob Turbo (250bhp cat removed jobbie), they don't do much past 5000 rpm and the engine is pretty coarse when pushed too. They do sound cool for a 4 cylinder though and don't forget, the scoob has an electronic centre diff and LSDs front and rear....it WILL leave any VW for dead on twisty B roads. Downsides are naff interior, iffy build quality, wafer thin panels, hideously expensive running gear parts and they eat clutches quicker than we use brake pads.

A well setup VR6 will give it a good run for it's money, don't forget that when the Corrado was launched, it was heralded as the best handling FWD car ever. Some even said the handling is so neutral and under/torque-steer so well controlled that you couldn't tell if it was FWD or RWD, unless you really pushed it.

Scoobs also have a puny petrol tank and ridiculously low mpg when thrashed, so by the time he has caught you, he'll have run out of petrol.

Lastly, which is the more attractive car? Scoobs and Evo6s may be quick, but they're so butt ugly and only people 'in the know' know what they're all about. Whereas Corrados generally get good praise as let's face it, it's the best thing that ever left Wolfsburg :o

Kev

94 VR6

. Whereas Corrados generally get good praise as let's face it, it's the best thing that ever left Wolfsburg :o

Kev

94 VR6

osnabruck actually....all corrados's were built at karmann's factory in osnabruck not wolfsburg..............i'll get me coat :wink: LOL :lol: :lol:

My VR whips Corrado G60's :lol: :lol: 8) :p

Hey now or I'll have to start talking my G60 beating just about all VRs that don't have FI.

But the subies do have weak gear boxes but the awd just gives them so much off the line advantage that I won't mess around with one there. anything above 60 mph is where I think I might be able to take a modded wrx. I know my 2.5RS will dominate off the line but after 50-60mph I'll let off and hit the brakes if I'm playing around because after that the awd only helps eat HP. 35-45% is about right for drive train loss as I have a 190hp ar the crank and only get about 115 to the wheels. I actually hate driving around the wife's RS because its so slow and racey looking