Sign in to follow this  
horney

Horney's Black 94 2.0 16v Plus - Sadly sold but thanks guys!

Small update.

Power steering rack is fooked as it's now hard to turn right. Hopefully sorted a replacement out so need to get that done.

Changed the front water flange as it was cracked and leaking yesterday. Horrible job!

Clearly the car is feeling the abuse of 15,000 miles a year so bought it a present to cheer it up.

!BZ6Ej2!B2k~$(KGrHgoH-CUEjlLl1UPiBKo+jBLm8Q~~_12.JPG

£26 including delivery, bargain!

nick

saw you the other day as I queued to get into the business park and Magnum (I know the reg plate isn't quite right for that name, but it makes me smile) was looking lovely! I love all red lights on black rados so I'll look out for them next time I see you :D

Ha ha everyone calls it Magnum :lol:

I'll get some pics up of it looking it blinging with the new lights when they arrive.

nick

Lovely!

Black really is the best colour for Corrados IMO and my next one will be black without a doubt. Have you thought about painting the rear badges black?

Here's a pic of my old 8v with the rear badges done, i'd imagine it would look even better on yours with those all red rears :luvlove:

You're a mind reader, I'm gonna paint them Matt Black in the not too distant future.

Car looks great int he pics but in all fairness it's a bit of shed on closer inspection. It's covered in little dents and scratches and the leading edges of the front are totally peppered in stone chips. Really needs a complete respray. The suspension is rubbish as well but it was on it when I bought it.

I'd love to sort it all out but I just don't have the money, any spare I have gets ploughed into my track MKII Golf.

Nick

Shame, as you say it looks lovely in the pics! It doesn't have to be a show boat as long as you enjoy it and it's serving you well though 8)

I proper love it, best road VW I've ever had. The golf is out and out the quicker and better handling car but it's way too hardcore for daily use.

One day I'll have the money to get it tidied up and some sort of engine conversion, well I hope so anyway.

nick

Looks great, and you really have to get very close to notice the imperfections from when i've had a look at NR. I'm sure the wheels look smaller in the flesh? maybe they just aren't as sparkly.

Cheers guys, I'l be at No-rice next month for sure.

Bit down on the car at the moment after some tool in a BMX jumped off a pavement in front of me and I ran him down. He was OK but my front bumper has noe got some bnasty deep grazes :(

Nick

Cheers guys, I'l be at No-rice next month for sure.

Bit down on the car at the moment after some tool in a BMX jumped off a pavement in front of me and I ran him down. He was OK but my front bumper has noe got some bnasty deep grazes :(

Nick

Lovely looking car; I can't believe the detailing job improved it that much. Definately going to get mine done now. What a :censored: I reckon I'd have reversed over his BMX :nuts:

Sadly this has now gone to a new home. I loved my 14 months of ownership and this forum has been a huge help with ownership. I now have a 1.4 TDI Polo. Nowhere near as exciting but very frugal which means I can chuck more money at the track car.

Thanks to everyone on here who helped me out and sold me stuff (especially ShaunG60, the man is a saint.)

nick

Sadly this has now gone to a new home. I loved my 14 months of ownership and this forum has been a huge help with ownership. I now have a 1.4 TDI Polo. Nowhere near as exciting but very frugal which means I can chuck more money at the track car.

Thanks to everyone on here who helped me out and sold me stuff (especially ShaunG60, the man is a saint.)

nick

Wow Nick, that's a surprise!

Hope the new owner keeps up your good work on the car. And thanks for the mention.(Please ensure you pass my details onto the new owner :D ).

:shock: sorry to hear that you've sold Magnum, Nick. Best of luck with your track car - you going to stay on here and keep us updated?

Yeah of course, I'm a forum whore and I'm sure I'll end up with another Corrado at somepoint in time, maybe next time one with 6 pots instead of four. 8)

I'll also still be at all the shows in the Golf or Polo and checking out Corrado's I see.

nick