Sign in to follow this  
foster

9x16 wheels

Hello,

I've tried the search but still have doubts. I'm looking at getting a set of 9x16 et15 borbet t's.

Im fitting them to a G60. Im not sure how much arch work im gonna need to do with a drop on coilovers as well.

My car has a complete new paint job so im not really interested in streching the arches out as it could mean respraying, will rolling the arches be enough though?

I would happily get 7.5x16 on the front and 9x16 on the back but would it be much more work to fit 9's all round.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.

I have 9x16 Borbet A`s all round on mine with a pretty decent drop at least 50mm on the front which is not rolled, and i have only had the rear inner lip part rolled out the way on the back which is also down at least 50mm, and I have no arch clearance problems at all, even on bumps or fast turn in corners (ask peanut he saw me :norty: on a roundabout ) the car is also an early version so has slightly narrower arches compared to later cars, I have KW V1 coilovers fitted

obviously it depends a lot on what suspension kit you use as to how far you can go down before travel/give in the shock/spring becomes a factor that allows the wheel to travel and hit the arch :wink:, thats the beauty of coilovers as you can shift them to suit

dunno how low you want to go? but for practicality and avoid hitting speed bumps with my sump/90mm spoiler!! this is as far as im going, will go lower but tyres touch on corners/bumps, and i hate that noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my drive is far from "flat" so on the road the car looks far lower!

20080815_0145.jpg

This is good news!!!

I didn't want to get 7.5's and regret it.

What tyres do you suggest and does anybody have any pictures from the back?

I have gone for 215 40 :D these are continental sport contact 2`s, differetn brands give different stretch on the side walls, some go for the 205 40, a lot more stretched but still looks good, due to the amount of dish and where the valve sits they are easy to have mounted on the rims too, you get a bit of tramlining and a bit of torque steer with 215 but they give a phenominal amount of grip due to the contact surface with the road :grin:

215 from the rear :wink:

20080815_0148.jpg

20080815_0149.jpg