steveo29

g60 running badly..EDIT its mega rich

just went into town in the g60..started as normal but while it was warming up started to chug and idle became rough as hell, it sounds like a world war 2 fighter at idle lol

stinks of fuel too whiles it at idle...driving it hard seems to clear it and it drives normal(ish ) when driving hard

im thinking its the blue temp sender?? anything else i can check?

Thats the easiest one to check.

Actually i think you can swap the black and blue connectors around because i think their resistance coefficients are the same.

See if that helps.

ta.

Check that the idle screw is still in the back of the throttle body too, although most of the time the idle will rise if it goes missing.

Neil.

well when i got to town i swaped the plug onto the black sender..when i came back it wouldnt start at all

then i put the plugs back how they should be and it started with lots of black smoke

right update

blue temp sensor is fine

o2 senser unplugged makes it worse

all 4 plugs are very sooty...and you can visibly see it smokes at idle

vac pipes all look good

If the problem occurs as it warms up, wait until it happens and plug in a cold BTS - if it goes back to normal then the BTS is fine and you know it's a problem with the warm (normal) map where the Lambda sensor and CO pot are most important.

Then try unplugging the probe and closing the WOT switch, this tells the ECU to ignore lambda signal

right okay

tried another chip and checked the ecu for obvious damage ...still the same

it starts to run strange within 30 secs of start up tbh...im thinking ecu

edit..whats the score with taping the wot switch, surley it ignores the o2 with the o2 unplugged anyway?

"edit..whats the score with taping the wot switch, surley it ignores the o2 with the o2 unplugged anyway?"

It uses a fixed value but I think the switch rules out if you have a short in the lambda wiring - engine loom side which is very common on a corrado!

I'd check yer earths mate and also don't rule out a dodgy tank of fuel!

well yeah i was thinking about the fuel....id just stuck in £20 worth of shell at the same time, but really would bad fuel make it run rich?

any ideas where the rados short out in the wiring? same as mine i expect

Re:Pm on cgti, sorry mate im absolutely knackered but thought i should at least reply to try and help.

Taping the wot switch does indeed either rule out a problem in the loom to both lambda and blue temp sender or show one up...But if that showed an improvement it would mean there is a problem with closed loop (warm running) or is it open loop, can never remember...

Unless there is a very strange wiring problem!

Anyway, you say its running badly pretty much straight away, so id be looking at the voltage you have at the fuel rail

Ill see what diagrams/tests i can dig out for ya mate.No doubt ive got a few :bad-words: :lol:

Neil.

havent tried voltage at the fuel rail ...but battery/ alternator are all great at 14.2 odd , also has several beefed up earths

supercharged is loaning me a fpr to try...and i'll run it up with the wot taped up , otherwise im running out of ideas

anyone know the score with 2nd hand ecu's ...seems to be alot of diffo part numbers at the end , will any non rallye one suit if i swap in my chip?

have you checked the isv - i had the same sort of thing happen to mine and it turned out that was knackered

Is your ECU the original?

If not have you opened it? There are some bad ecus runing about.

I've read one guy saying that he had an ECU with a soldered wire on the back top board (the one with the chip). When i read it i thought maybe it was some trick concerning Blue temp sensor or maybe WOT swicth.

Than some weeks ago i bought an ECU (to have as spare, as im burning my own chips), installed it and the car starts. OK.. NOT. the car immeadiatly starts to sputer, i look at my wideband and its full rich. So i

its the original ecu...ive had it apart to fit the sns chip , ive had it apart again sinse the prob to have a look for any burnt tracks etc , to me it looks normal but im not qualified to inspect such a item lol

whats this about you burning your own chips? got anything good? id like to try a jd engineering one myself

Any luck with sorting this problem mate? I seem to have the same issue.. Changed the isv, lambda sensor, blue temp sensor, and had the ECU reconditioned and still running really rich.