Sign in to follow this  
fla

door pin connecting rod

My drivers door pin with the rod has detached itself from the lock. Its the bit that you see if you remove the door pin. How does this refit? I removed the door card to replace the handles but this has me stumped???

You need to remove the mech and pull the bot ot connects to out with pliers, then put the pin through, then feed it all back in to the door.

I think.

TBH didn't really read your post. :oops:

The pins connect to each other via a plastic sleeve that fits over a lever on the lock mech. be careful or it'll break like my drivers side has............must get round to fixing that sometime extend the list

My drivers door pin with the rod has detached itself from the lock. Its the bit that you see if you remove the door pin. How does this refit? I removed the door card to replace the handles but this has me stumped???

i did exactly the same haha, tried for ages to get it back in but couldn't...mines been left for a good few months now but to be honest but i never actually use them so the rubber grommit in the hole idea could be the answer for me

i took both of mine off on purpose, and filled the hole with a ruber gromit, look loads better.

where did ya get the gromit from mate, and what size should it be if you know off the top of your head? cheers

i took both of mine off on purpose, and filled the hole with a ruber gromit, look loads better.

I do like that idea, but sometimes its useful to be able to lock the doors while sitting inside, hence why i want to try and refit mine. Do you know if both doors can be locked (centrally) by pushing down on the driver's side pin? Mine doesnt just wondering what standard is.

I do like that idea, but sometimes its useful to be able to lock the doors while sitting inside, hence why i want to try and refit mine. Do you know if both doors can be locked (centrally) by pushing down on the driver's side pin? Mine doesnt just wondering what standard is.

thats a good point actually, might have one last bash at fixing mine and if i can't then the gromit will be the answer

i just bought an assorted pack from halfords, and theres 4 in the pack that fit just right. As for closing the car from the inside, i dare anyone to get close enough to try and pinch the keys from the ignition etc etc.

heres an old pic of my front door cards, you can just make out the grommit.

karl

i did exactly the same haha, tried for ages to get it back in but couldn't...mines been left for a good few months now but to be honest but i never actually use them so the rubber grommit in the hole idea could be the answer for me

This is the most frustrating thing I have ever done. I got it on after about 3 hours and then the little plastic thing it connects to went and snapped.

So i gave up.

Did this a couple of days ago.

You have to take off the lock then insert the rod/plastic sleeve combo in through the smaller bit of doorlock aperture, (I did this with the central locking actuator removed (remove two screws, leckie plug and the air-tube)) then simply connect up all the rods via the plastic sleeve which is REALLY REALLY fiddly and then slide the rod/plastic sleeve over the lock lever. Refit actuator and it should all work - job done!