Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Sides and dipped come on at the same time!!

Cant find any help in the search. I have tried honest :grin:

When I move the headlight switch to the first position my sides used to come on. Now both the sidelights and dipped come on. I thought it was the switch so got a new one from the dealers. It still does the same though. Both the fuses on the uprated loom are ok and I havnt touched anything else since the last mot that might have affected it.

Help :help:

you have a dim dip system standard on the corrado , without the uprated loom if you switch the sidelights on with the engine running (of ignition on ) reduced power i sent to the dip lamp via a resistor makig the dip beam shine on a low voltage ,by fitting the uprated loom the resistor circut still trys to send a lower votlage to the dip lamp but the uprated loom bypasses this and gives it full 12v's

can't remember where the resistor is on the corrado(think its near the air filter ) but its a green tube thing with a couple of wires on it (the wires are yellow i think ) pull one of them off and tape it up and all should be well

Rob

Why would that affect the operation?

The dim dip system puts the dips on dimly on sidelight setting with the engine running or ignition on, the relay for the dipped beam in the uprated loom switches due to the dim dip signal and puts the full dip on.

you have a dim dip system standard on the corrado , without the uprated loom if you switch the sidelights on with the engine running (of ignition on ) reduced power i sent to the dip lamp via a resistor makig the dip beam shine on a low voltage ,by fitting the uprated loom the resistor circut still trys to send a lower votlage to the dip lamp but the uprated loom bypasses this and gives it full 12v's

can't remember where the resistor is on the corrado(think its near the air filter ) but its a green tube thing with a couple of wires on it (the wires are yellow i think ) pull one of them off and tape it up and all should be well

Rob

Its on the passenger side near the battery behind the headlight if I remember correctly.

Dim Dip is a UK spec thing, so this only affects UK spec Corrado's