Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

Continental tyres - help please!

Hi guys, I recently ordered some ContiSportContact2's from mytyres.co.uk, but after a week of hearing nothing I ring them today and find out my order is still waiting to be processed by managers as its over 500 quid. Dumb if you ask me since most sets of tyres will come to that much. The upshot of it is my tyres are still in Germany and I need some new ones sharpish before the Karman/Nurburg visit this Thursday.

Anyone got any ideas where I can get some from in a hurry? I'd even use Kwik Fit if pushed.

Thanks.

That's why they're cheap. They have no customer service. I had the same problem with them, the tyres I ordered were not in stock, but they don't tell you that when you order, they just make you wait.

What's wrong with calling your local tyre fitter and asking them to quote? They have access to the same national distributors as the online places (though you might need to beat the price down a smidge..).

They delivered me 1x 15 inch tyre and 1x 17 inch tyre a year ago, phoned them, 3 days later 1 more 15 inch tyre is deleivered, but they never bothered to come back for the 17.

You will speak to a very efficient sounding German lady no doubt. Have fun!

Oh and if the sh!t hits the fan, my vr is sat on 2 couple of thousand mile old rainsports, you're welcome to borrow those 2 wheels...

um, very efficient german answering machine! they dont appear to have taken payment yet so i maybe looking elsewhere too.. :(

Oh and if the sh!t hits the fan, my vr is sat on 2 couple of thousand mile old rainsports, you're welcome to borrow those 2 wheels...

um, very efficient german answering machine! they dont appear to have taken payment yet so i maybe looking elsewhere too.. :(

;)

(Saying that never had any problems with mytyres though)

Like anywhere with average to poor customer service, if they have your stuff in stock they are perfectly good at taking your money and shipping it to you. Most people have no trouble.

;)

They on speedies Tom? Wouldn't quite go with the 18s! Though I do have some speedies kicking about in some cupboard at home...

Thought they sounded more eastern european and highly inefficient to me. :(

Mytyres are useless and now particuarly cheap I find...

I've used Best Buy Tyres a few times now, superb customer service and very good prices, especially on continentals

I just bought 4 P Zero Nero's in 195.45.16 for £220 delivered, done 400 miles now and they are the best tyres i've ever used!

The biggest problems I've had with all these is finding a place to fit the tyres once you've got 'em. Most local places just won't fit tyres you bring along yourself. You have little choice but to buy an inclusive fitting service unless you "know someone".

;)

Thanks Tom.. would prefer the same all round but will see where i get to. Order cancelled due to expected delivery on friday.. :(

try "east coast tyres" on ebay, i got 4 conti 2`s off them for £240 (for 4x 215 40 16 though) think they have an ebay store with a number