Sign in to follow this  
sparks

New intercooler which one

Hi all :wave:

im going to be looking at an after market intercooler soon heard good things about the rad tec all on in one water rad and intercooler but the whole water rad welded togethier with the intercooler worrys me about heat transfer ??

whats everyone opinon ? :shrug:

looking to take the pg to about 250 to 300 bhp hopefully so i need a good intercooler to do this or is 250-300 impossible to reach ?

its all pie in the sky at the moment but would want to stat down the right track rather than fit something then change it later cus it anit up to it

cheers stu...

250-300 on a G60 is going to take a lot of work and big money, or are you just going to slap on a Turbo and have done with it? :-)

Try and find a Golf G60 one - the Rallye one requires some body work to fit, but the Golf one just slots straight in there. As DanVW says though 250-300 out of a G60 takes some going.... I have a 1.9, with a stage 4 charger, Golf G60 FMIC, 4 branch, etc, etc, and I am generating 233 at the mo. With the Schrick cam and another remap I hope to push this to 250. Further than that you are looking at a BBM charger, or larger capacity or 16vG60, etc, etc. As for opinion on the rad/intercooler in one - ring em up and ask them for instances of when it's been used. If they are reputable they will be honest with you. To be honest even in the FMIC and separate rad one is directly behind the other anyway.

250-300 on a G60 is going to take a lot of work and big money, or are you just going to slap on a Turbo and have done with it? :-)

sod no turbos here i love the whine from the supercharger like i sad its all pie in the sky was thinking about that bbm charger but as it £1500 thats a big pie

nah just wondering how far you can go with G60 with a good intercooler looks like its about 250 ish

does anyone have any exprience in charge coolers ?

cheers stu..

G60BV (if he still uses this forum) or the person who bought his C has a focus RS charge cooler. When mine is finished it'll have a lotus esprit charge cooler on it, so if it's done before you make a decision i'll let you know

I would really like to see somebody pushing more than 300bhp from the PG, im sure it could be done some how some way, that would really make for an interesting engine in the Corrado.

I have a fairly old Jabba Sports charge cooler I'm using a 1.6 golf rad in front of the standard rado g60 rad and don't really get problems with engine water temp until in traffic when it goes up to 100C, but I'm hoping a 70C thermostat and a slim line/extra blade fan will sort this. As for performance of the charge cooler mine does pretty well considering I haven't got it set up completely spot on yet. I still need to make up a header tank, get a much better pump and also looking to get a lighter alloy rad made up with larger gaps between the core pipes to allow more air to flow through to the water rad. The key is to fit the largest radiator you can and the best pump you can. Charge coolers will show their benifits on hot summer days when the intercoolers will struggle with heat soak after spirited runs, also the throttle response is much improved as it is one smooth curve from the charger to the throttle body. The down side to charge cooler is the added weight, but chucking the stereo out will balance that out :)