Sign in to follow this  
horney

Project Mad Max, where is it now?

Oh yes we're talking about this bad boy!

Image218-2.jpg

I think this is the same car some years later:

377063175_a1ff14ace6.jpg?v=0

I know it's not to everyone's tastes and TBH I'm not over keen on it myself but it cropped up on the Golf GTI forum I use and I wondered if anyone knew it's current whereabouts and owner etc. It's a bit of British Modified Car Culture history this one!

Nick

Last i hears it was stolen but i have never heard anything else regarding this nice piece of modified british culture.

Was for sale on Ebay about 2 years ago, in an awful state (as if it could get worse).....looked VERY rough, and the photos showed the halfarsed-ness of the stupid pink sprayjob....door shuts not painted, under bonnet not painted etc. iirc it had been painted a few different colours since the Laxpower orange.

It's probably one of the only Corrados that I can say that; I hope it's dead and has finally been put out of its misery though!

Was for sale on Ebay about 2 years ago, in an awful state (as if it could get worse).....looked VERY rough, and the photos showed the halfarsed-ness of the stupid pink sprayjob....door shuts not painted, under bonnet not painted etc. iirc it had been painted a few different colours since the Laxpower orange.

It's probably one of the only Corrados that I can say that; I hope it's dead and has finally been put out of its misery though!

:lol: was it THAT bad?!

I dont like corrados with body kits on urrrgh :pukeleft:

:lol: was it THAT bad?!

YES! :tongue:

However bad it is putting nasty bodykits on......the least you could do is do the job properly! This was a nasty bodykit conversion job, done badly, painted pink and then not looked after, so it ended up in pretty rough condition! :confused:

ok this sounds weird but when I first looked at it i ignored the skirts, bumpers, rear arch duct, spoiler and paint job, then squinted and thought... that rallye style wide arch, if executed properly, could look pretty damn sweet instead of the standard bubble arch, obviously would need a rallye style wide skirt as well. Does anyone else agree or is my taste just my own :)

I don't think it's that bad and would probably look OK in a decent colour and the whale Tail changed for something more subtle. Would love to see a shot of the back and how those arches blend in back there.

Nick

Would love to see a shot of the back and how those arches blend in back there.

What Rieger kitted rados look like from the back:

128_1.jpg

I'm all for the wider look, but that is just getting a bit silly imho!

There are far too many vents, spoilers ducts etc on those kits....way too Nova'ish.....and pretty much the exact same kit design has been used to butcher many a mk1/mk2 Scirocco aswell:

*images too big to link directly

http://www.scirocco.ch/Image.aspx?src=clubfahrzeuge/25_1.jpg

http://www.scirocco.ch/Image.aspx?src=tuning/89_1.jpg

The only one that I think it has any possibility of being acceptable on is the Mk2 rocco....and that is only with it being majorly de-chaved. :bonk:

I thought that this car was tangled up in some disagreement of ownership between some dude and a garage that had gone bust...or something. It disappeared off the radar some time ago as far as I know.

Humm interesting. I reckon if you took that kit for the rado and smoothed it off and perhaps reduced it'd width slightly it would look amost like a Rado Rallye and not too bad.*

Nick

* I have no intention of doing this, just thinking out aloud!

This thing lives in the same village as me, a few when times i've seen it on my way home from the pub i've nearly had it mixed up with a reiger kitted rado :eek:

265f521ff7439092e1babd27a26b06d9.jpg

Awful looking things :gag:

ok this sounds weird but when I first looked at it i ignored the skirts, bumpers, rear arch duct, spoiler and paint job, then squinted and thought... that rallye style wide arch, if executed properly, could look pretty damn sweet instead of the standard bubble arch, obviously would need a rallye style wide skirt as well. Does anyone else agree or is my taste just my own :)

Humm interesting. I reckon if you took that kit for the rado and smoothed it off and perhaps reduced it'd width slightly it would look amost like a Rado Rallye and not too bad.*

Nick

* I have no intention of doing this, just thinking out aloud!

ah so it's not just me then :D

That kit suits the Astra soooooo much better than the Rado. I'll go as far as to say that that Astra actually looks better than a standard one.

Nick

The difference is that the Astra needs all the help it can get to become a desirable and sporty looking car, the Corrado really doesn't. Putting leary kits like that on a rado is a shame to see IMO - although it's obviously down to whoever owns the car to do with it what they like.

wowowowow how can anyone say that mk2 astras are ugly. the GTE's were a stunning piece of kit!

i dont like the kit on the astra really but its not toooo insulting, the one on the C is very marmite! some times i can look and like it then others i hate it! check out the width on the wheels tho! shit the bed i bet that loves bearings lol

I do quite like the arches, the angular 'rallye' look is good, just a bit too wide and too many fussy bits to be a good kit. The rear view of it looks really weird, couldn't cope with that!

Can't stand bodykits, especially when they include putting wider rears on a car that is FWD. :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright:

AstrAY just needs to have flames and smoke coming out the windows and its spot on!!