Sign in to follow this  
_Monkey

Ebay Issues! HELP!!

Update!!!He says the Corrado has developed a couple of problems, one being it's a bitch to start from cold and it coughs and backfires till it warms up. The other being the ABS light stays on.

So why didn't he mention those faults in the eBay ad.?

Stinks.....I'de walk away if i was you.

walk away..... too much hassel, he sounds like a Ar$£ anyway. leave some neg feedback and be done with it.

I assume he has to pay ebay fee's whatever now.

you've lost nothing apart from the experience....

there be another rado along soon

Definately walk away, sounds like much more hassle than it's worth - if it's really hard to start from cold and is backfiring it doesn't sound right at all - my car was £800 and is almost identical to this one lol same miles etc - abs light is on (or would be if it wasnt pulled) and it turns for a few seconds when cold - but i mean literally a few seconds 3/4 at most, if it was really struggling to start and backfiring till it warmed up i'd bin it.

Don't believe for a second that these faults have just developed either

Well, I've decided to take your advice and tell him to shove it.

However, I'm in a binding contract thingie via ebay to buy the car. If he fixes it, won't I then be the bad guy if I refuse?

Second hand buying is a dodgy enough experience at the best of times. It makes a one night stand with no protection look like a totally intimate, safe affair.

If someone screws you around as much as this, walk away. Once bitten, twice shy. It might be a nice motor but as others have said, there are more out there and being sold by reputable folks (eg a large percentage of this forum's users) rather than dodgy types who don't go through with legal deals and who don't reply to your messages. Just have a think about what else could be wrong with the motor, mechanically, legally and so forth and then ask yourself if you've got the money to burn if it all goes tits up?

If he fixes it, won't I then be the bad guy if I refuse?

Seeing as he's just described to you that the car has faults that he never made clear in the advert...i would say that you have more than enough grounds for that contract to be terminated.

Has he said that he will sell you the car for the agreed price once he's rectified the faults?

The worst possible scenario ... you get 1+ negative feedback.

Tell him to go fist his mother.

No, but I assume he knows he has to.

Any ideas for a good email to sent to the bay to terminate the sale?

What i said in my last post will be enough or you could use Ebays dispute console thingy but from experience that's a waste of time.

Sounds to me like you should just do nothing.

Keep the emails/texts you sent/received in case he ultimately decides to chase you down for not honouring your end of the deal.

I don't think ebay would uphold any complaint against you in the circumstances. They are very much biased towards the buyer anyway, selling on ebay is a very risky business these days.

Well as a buyer, I can't recieve any negative feedback.

I think I'll do like dr_mat said and just leave him to it. After all he didn't contact me for ages!

Now back to the search...anyone gotta sliver Corrado they wanna sell me for peanuts? :tongue: