sparks

G60 max bhp all put your figures in

Ok, my mistake JezzaG60, but I wasn't having a go.

Anyways, interesting plot that g60bv, good to see as it's Wayne at Chipwizards that will be mapping mine. Figures I am aiming for are 200-210BHP at wheels and 220-230ft-lbs torque, when considering I will still have the standard bottom end and no CNC-head are pretty reasonable I think. I know the G-Lader is limiting, but then I want to keep the engine, reasonably, as VW intended. It would be easy to go 16VG60 or 16VT to achieve bigger power but then it wouldn't be the same really would it ?

Thinking of using chipwizards to map the 2ltr engine next month if funds allow. Believe he can be quite expensive. I think blue_joe mentioned he spent £800 on his mapping. :eek: I'm hoping for 225lb/ft at the wheels at about 3800rpm.

its worth looking over on dubforce as the guy who had blue joes engine has taken it on a bit further and had it re-mapped again by wayne...... making some really good numbers now!

Think I was quoted around £500 to have my car mapped when I spoke to Wayne last.

Read the thread over on dubforce by BERNO, and he hasn't done that much extra to the engine, exhaust manifold, decat and remap thats all. Still, at least it seems he didn't get ripped off by Sam / blue_joe like I did.....onwards and upwards though.

I can live with £500 is that +vat though! Well those numbers are very encouraging and looks like his RR is giving reasonable wheel loss figures of around 10% so I'll be taking it there as they are within 50 miles of me. Better start saving as the engine will be ready to dyno by this time next month. I don't expect mine will beat that as it's 2008cc and has no head work other than the cam, a rebuild and the G-Werks Manifold. Stock charger aswell on a 65mm with a G60 FMIC. :D

I can live with £500 is that +vat though! Well those numbers are very encouraging and looks like his RR is giving reasonable wheel loss figures of around 10% so I'll be taking it there as they are within 50 miles of me. Better start saving as the engine will be ready to dyno by this time next month. I don't expect mine will beat that as it's 2008cc and has no head work other than the cam, a rebuild and the G-Werks Manifold. Stock charger aswell on a 65mm with a G60 FMIC. :D

Does the 65mm pulley make much diff over the 68mm? And how often do you get the charger rebuilt?

t

Actually just checked my old emails and the quote I was given was 5-6 hrs rolling road / mapping time at cost of £400+VAT. Cost may have changed though as this was back in April 2007.

Does the 65mm pulley make much diff over the 68mm? And how often do you get the charger rebuilt?

t

A 65mm doesn't make much more power but you make the maximum boost early on and hold it till 6k it reduces the lag you get below 2500rpm on a standard engine. Rebuild should be every 20k I believe.

t

A 65mm doesn't make much more power but you make the maximum boost early on and hold it till 6k it reduces the lag you get below 2500rpm on a standard engine. Rebuild should be every 20k I believe.

Bugger that for a lark. Would have to have it rebuilt every 18 months :grin:

Cost you a few more quid in fuel as well! :lol: I haven't managed 20k in three years so........

Cost you a few more quid in fuel as well! :lol: I haven't managed 20k in three years so........

Hey I find 22mpg to be perfectly respectable at the mo. :nuts:

Mine has done less than 1500 miles in 3 years........

got mine july 2005 with 142000 on the clock now at 179000. oops :grin:

I do love driving her though and couldnt get a daily. :nuts:

i had steve from g-werks live map my old corrado . did a good job. understands g60's like no other.

and it is worth getting the 65mm over the 68. and if your running a standard head with a 65 you'll get 20psi on redline. should be good for about 230 240 ftlbs and at about 2250 2750 rpm. will give you excellent acceleration. top speed might not be different thou. but who cares for that.

i had steve from g-werks live map my old corrado . did a good job. understands g60's like no other.

and it is worth getting the 65mm over the 68. and if your running a standard head with a 65 you'll get 20psi on redline. should be good for about 230 240 ftlbs and at about 2250 2750 rpm. will give you excellent acceleration. top speed might not be different thou. but who cares for that.

i though you couldnt redline a 65mm pulley due to it pushes pass it internal working limits !!5000 rpm only ?

stu ..

i though you couldnt redline a 65mm pulley due to it pushes pass it internal working limits !!5000 rpm only ?

stu ..

5000rpm!!!! it doesn't turn it into a diesel engine! :lol:

No you can take a 65mm charger to 6k engine revs safely. The maximum safe working limit of the charger is 13500rpm IIRC and it runs 1.6x the speed of the engine on a standard pulley so at 6200 the charger is doing 9920rpm, reduce the pulley size by 17% (65mm) and your running the charger at around 11600rpm at 6200rpm. So at 6000rpm your doing around 11230rpm at the charger. Of coarse your still pushing an old worn G60 so there are risks attached so don't blame me if your charger goes pop. :D

At the back of my mind is the figure 10500rpm for some reason. This might be the recommended rpm for a charger I can't quite remember. That would mean you would need to keep it a couple of hundred rpm below 6k if you were worried about the charger.

I'm sure someone will be along to confirm or deny! :)

mine made 194hp & 193lbft with a 70mm pulley and a sns chip. That was at stealth last year i was very happy so thats 44hp for £200 not to bad. I just need a weigh bridge now to work out my bhp/tonne.

Nearly 9 years on from this post. Who's still about and what power are you getting. Anyone hit 300? Using the G charger or have you gone turbo? Same gearbox?