Sign in to follow this  
Talc

foglight removal from surround.

How do I remove the fog light unit from the plastic surround, the replacements came from car in scrapyard and the plastic surround was damaged to the extent that it was taped to the car.

I've done a search but found little, am I looking to remove just the glass or is there a way to remove the foglight unit? it seems to be clipped in with tabs but i can't see of anyway to remove this without damaging the tabs...

you cant !!

its a sealed unit !you can get new glass lenses you have to cut the glass off with a knife around the seal and replace that way

Tis an arse, you'll need to smash out the broken lense and try and remove if from the silicone. a razor or similar will help

so any other effective methods of removing the glass intact from the bracket? started cutting the plastic bracket to get to it, but theres parts that i just cant cut being to close to the glass...

when i removed a lens from from a broken surround i just took ages with a junior hacksaw cutting away the lipped surround then gradually slicing the silicone with a scalpel.