Sign in to follow this  
brian g60 corrado

changed coolant now no heat in car

as title says new coolant no heat in car.its a g60 raddo with the valves in coolant hoses that go to the matrix.head gaket previosly done was ok before i changed coolant.is there a method to bleed the trapped air.cheers. :shock:

it will be air just dont over heat the car cos you'll damage something, i had the same prob when i had my head off, and damaged both coolant senders, i'mn sorry but i cant remember how i got it out thou, i sure running it slowly sould clear it. ??

try running the car with the expantion bottle cap off and the heaters on full you should then see the air bubble out of the bottle

Putting the heater controls on full only applied to the golf mk1 matrix which had a valve on it.

Mk2/Corrado matrix's flow coolant all the time, the heater control just opens an airway flap.

I spent ages looking for that valve until someone told me this!

When you say valves in the hoses, do you mean the pressure relief valves that were done as a VAG recall? I thought it only applied to the mk2 golf?

Putting the heater controls on full only applied to the golf mk1 matrix which had a valve on it.

I see, yeah that makes sense, cheers for the tip :)

thanks for all replies.yes had the heater control on hot,as you look at hoses there is an alloy vale on top and a black valve on bottom hose.now is it a case of removing one of the hoses to remove the traped air.and which one any suggestions would be cool.also have tried running engine with ex cap off still no heat.

Is there a bleed valve on the highest hose ???undo it a few turns !

that should get rid of your air lock ! :)

Sounds daft but have you actually driven the car yet or just run the engine?

When ive done coolant changes, the pressure release recall valves don't let anything pass with it stood there idling, but when I took it out for a run it seems to sort itself out.

Let the engine warm up, then feel the pipes before and after the valves to check for temp differance. If the return hose from the matrix is cold, there is no flow of coolant through the matrix at all(probably caused by a seized recall valve)

vw started fitting the valves on a recall,incase the matrix failed the valves would shut off and stop your feet from being scalded,so i would repace them if i were you

o.k. should i buy new recall valves or is it safe to remove them and just use normal tubing.is anyone running g60s without these valvesand mainly is it SAFE.

like dazzy vr6 says, i wouldn't bin them.

Make sure they are definately the source of the problem, take them off the car and try and run a hose pipe through the hose with the metal valve.

If they are goosed you will have to buy new or source some from a breakers.

cheers for replys have taken them off and fitted plastic tubing for now. checked the valves by blowing through them and found that the metal one wasent working properly so cleaned and knocked it about a bit ,now flows better and may refit at a later date after i flush system properly.

I had major probs. with no heat coming thro', after major hassle it turned out that the black plastic heater by-pass valve had been fitted the wrong way up!