Sign in to follow this  
Spicy G60

Cant decide what grill to keep

Hello People.

A woman reversed into my car and luckely didn't do much damage but my eyebrow spoiler got the worst of it so I've taken it off and replaced it with my stock grill but with a painted badge (the chrome one looked a bit bling) but now I'm thinking I like the stock one better. Just wanted a few opinions before i make my mine up to order a new one or not.

normally I would say stock, but I think the badgeless grill and eyebrow works better on yours, maybe with the addition of a G60 badge, it seems to tie the front end together a bit better, the stock one looks a bit out of place with a smoothed bumper.

If you want to try a stock de-badged one I have one you can try.... Swop them over next e-london met?

Yeah i'd say neither of them and i'd say try a stock de-badged grile (if that makes sense), i.e. no eyebrow. Though if want one of those, id say stock too.

I'm sure i've got a stock debadged grill in my shed. I've been trying to find it but need to empty it and sort out what i've got in there.

Chris I did go was a good show had the Mrs with me so didn't stay as long as i would of if i was on me own. :(

Read in another thread you couldn't make it. Pity considering you just got her looking sorted. We defo have to work something out with the shows and a banner for next year.

Yeah debadged stock would look best - black... IMO what you should do, and not sure if you'd be bothered with this idea, but why not spray your grill a smooth gloss black, and also the light surrounds should be sprayed smooth gloss black too - that'll be more in keeping with the sleek bumper-look. Never been done, and subtle enough to be the best looking rado I've ever seen. P.S. No eyebrows (looks tacky).

It would mean every other black trim on your car would have to go under the same treatment - but well worth it in my opinion. Trust me it would look the dog's b :censored: llocks!

a mix of the both would look best IMO

black, without the badge and without the eyebrow

which basically means getting a new grill so sorry for not answering your question properly :D

Hum. I'm liking the smooth gloss black idea. All my bump strips are off so only really got handles that are left black.

Why are decisions never easy. Lol :)

Lil off topic mate but what size adaptors are you running? Picked up some 928's for winter with 25mm adaptors and wondered if they'll fit...

Lil off topic mate but what size adaptors are you running? Picked up some 928's for winter with 25mm adaptors and wondered if they'll fit...

I'm running 25mm spacers when I had my 8's on it fitted fine. Had to do slight arch grinding to get the 9's on and they sit bl**dy close to the rear axle beam thing. Lol if you've got 8's or less they'll fit fine.

Spicy - You'll have to spray black more than the handles but well worth it in my opinion. You know it's right.

Basically that glass black finish. :thumb right:

On the front bumper skirt,

tow-eye covers,

front grill,

front headlights surrounds,

windscreen/engine gutter,

wing mirror frames,

doorhandles,

side bumper strip (not that you've got them),

aerial base,

rear tail lights surrounds,

reg. plate surround,

Corrado name badge...

...Anything else, just polish with back-to-black or something - a lot of work but would work really well with your colour!

man i forgot about all the little things like that. Gonna be a bitch replacing it all if i don't like it. Lol. Think i'll do the grill and the headlight surrounds first see how she looks then do the rest. I'm very interested in how it'll look. :)

i forgot about all those little bits. It'll be a right pain to replace those bits if i don't like it. :( i think i'll do the grill and the headlight surrounds first and if i like it i'll do the rest. I'm very interested to see what it looks like. :)

stock definately ive been running stock on mine and i have more friends now so it must be better!

m12.jpg

:lol: :shrug:

I've found my stock debadged style grill. Its colour coded at the mo i'll stick a photo up 2nite to check its the grill people are suggesting and then i'll try get it painted early next wk with the head light surrounds. Hopefully it'll look just dandy. :)

Have you tried stock grill(painted badge looks better) with eyebrow?as a compromise?

Where did you get your De-Badge Grill with Eyebrow Spoiler from?

I have a seperate eyebrow for one of my Corrados but I haven't fitted it to this one because the replacement rubber to he bonnet protrudes further than

the original so It won't look the same.

I have done some experimenting with styling, but it's interesting we all come round back to stock items.

My badgeless grill has very flimsy vertical supports -one of which has broken, so I bonded in some black exp mesh behind. notice spicy G60s has broken aswell.

I believe you can get integral grille and eyebrow made from polypropelene which is probaly more resiliant -which made me wonder where you got yours from.

I have inpro styling on at present but thinking of changing back and putting some HID in.

FK smoke lights at the back but less than 9 months and the chrome has started to craze.

how do you add photos?

stock definately ive been running stock on mine and i have more friends now so it must be better!

m12.jpg

argh, i keep changing my front grill as i don't know what i prefer, got a debagded one atm, but that pic looks awesome.

i think if i had more mods, rims etc then i'd keep the badge, but without any other mods the debadged one looks good 8)