Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

Knee protectors instead of undertrays

Word up fools, wonder if anyone can shed any light on this for me. At the 'ring I saw quite a few 'rados with no underdash trays, but with padded knee bashers instead. Was this ever available in rhd cars? If so where can I get them from, if not, same question. If i got one for the passenger side from a lhd would it fit?

Thanks guys.....

would you like some fluffy cushions too? :camp:

grrr, be a man! :lol:

Yeah, I'm also getting the roof done in shag. :fondle:

I just fancy something a bit different mate, I never use the trays on that side and thought I might change the interior a bit. Also my passengers use it as a foot rest which p*sses me off.

according to vagcat it's LHD only, and it also requires the fitting of a reinforcing bar that goes all the way across the car below the dash, would be good to get a closer look at them though to take measurements to replicate them for RHD

How about a nice set of these :lol:

minxy-steering-wheel-cover-belt-pads.jpg

:lol:

according to vagcat it's LHD only, and it also requires the fitting of a reinforcing bar that goes all the way across the car below the dash, would be good to get a closer look at them though to take measurements to replicate them for RHD

yeah, just registered and i see that now. err... looks a bit complex and heavy what with the bar and everything, but i may just get one and see what happens when i offer it up. i don't think the audioscapes will help either!

Yeah, these were US-spec only to meet the crash safety laws there, so not only are the LHD only and a lot of work to fit... but you'll have to source a set from the states :lol:

my passengers use it as a foot rest which p*sses me off.

:nono: A single warning and then on 2nd offense.............

..................... a swift punch to the throat would remedy the problem in my Corrado 8) :lol:

Jim,

I remember Eric saying they were fitted to US spec cars due to the design of the seat/lap belt.

Alot of car users who have this style of belt don't use the part that goes over the waist and therefore they tend to slide down if involved in an accident.

Stefan

Word up fools, wonder if anyone can shed any light on this for me. At the 'ring I saw quite a few 'rados with no underdash trays, but with padded knee bashers instead. Was this ever available in rhd cars? If so where can I get them from, if not, same question. If i got one for the passenger side from a lhd would it fit?

Thanks guys.....