Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Any photos of corrados lowered 60mm or more?

Am thinking of lowering the back 60mm but not sure if that will be enough or not? i seem to remember some 60mm springs looking very similar to 40mm

also if i get what they call a 60/40mm kit is that 60mm rears and 40mm fronts?

Refer to my pics from the 'Borbet Wheels' thread mate, shows mine lowered 60mm all round 8)

Am thinking of lowering the back 60mm but not sure if that will be enough or not? i seem to remember some 60mm springs looking very similar to 40mm

also if i get what they call a 60/40mm kit is that 60mm rears and 40mm fronts?

different length springs can be rated as a different amount of 'drop' because of a difference in spring stiffness or pounds per inch rating, so they may have the same free length off the car but when you put them on and lower the car back down on it's wheels they will 'settle' or compress different amounts.

obviously softer springs will lead to a more wallowy ride :salute:

personally, I wouldn't recommend a drop of more than 40mm as the suspension geometry (if left unaltered) is compromised. If you want to fill arches, maybe some bigger wheels? :shrug:

Mine's 60mm rear and 45mm front on coilies and it does rub the inner wheel arch occasionally on the front. Some people have removed this but doesn't do much for rust protection. Got 17's on but it also rubbed with 16's :)

Not sure how much its lowerd but its more than 60, ide say the rear is around 80 and the front a touch more.

Inner arches have been taken out of the front.

Players08070.jpg

I think mine is lowered about 65mm on the back and around 60 on the front and its spot on for the wheel size..

Id love some Porsche wheels on mine, think they look so smart on Corrados! I havnt had any rubbing issues but ive had problems with my sump being so low, speed bumps are just a no no

Not to sure how much ive dropped mine but the sump is approx 3-4cm from the floor

DSC01033.jpg

Really like your 'rado, nice and simple, good work. Hope to see a new photo shoot :salute:

Thanks alot :D went out to take some pictures the other day with my mate so ill upload them when i can