jamin

Jamin's 'Ferrado' VR6

Yeah the Avant that Chris had was nice! But you know whats he's like - a little tight - lol!

No I don't work in that building, just used to park there, that is until I was asked nicely to not park there anymore or my car will get towed, heh heh!

My car is just an early valver (1.8 KR), it needs a respray really, no amount of valeting will get rid of rust and dents - but thanks for the offer :D

***edit: oh yes you're right, my name is Ben too :D

looks really ncie that mate! loving the wheels on this colour car! :D

Cheers dood, must admit to being an admirer of your car also. Are they 9" wide your rims? If so whats the ride like? I want to go down that route, but am undecided as yet, I think :?

Couple of pics of my motor with the new shocks fitted. Had a little play with the ride height on Sunday, wound the rears up another 3 turns, I've now got some clearance and an (almost) even gap between tyre and arch, which I think provides the best look. Its now about 590mm to the top of the arch, with the front remaining at 580mm. Overall I am very happy indeed.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC_0112.JPG[/attachment:1vt0wwgg]

DSC_0113.JPG[/attachment:1vt0wwgg]

yea mine are 9's on the rear 7.5 on the front. even with arches rolled they catch every so often on the back. catch ever so slightly onthe front aswell but i wanna change the tyre profile front and rear and hopefully that will stop it :D

looking good, zw1's and corrados were made for each other. Get some better pics up to do the car justice!

looking good, zw1's and corrados were made for each other. Get some better pics up to do the car justice!

Yeah, am gonna do just that, once this crappy weather clears out! (where I live anyway)

I used to live in Ipswich, I remember seeing your car parked outside a friends house one day in 2005, looked nice, couldn't believe i hadn't seen it around before. Can't remember the name of the road, may of been Lancaster Road, near Spring Road ??

Matt

I used to live in Ipswich, I remember seeing your car parked outside a friends house one day in 2005, looked nice, couldn't believe i hadn't seen it around before. Can't remember the name of the road, may of been Lancaster Road, near Spring Road ??

Matt

Matt, you have a damn good memory, you are spot on, I must of been visiting my brother who lives in Warwick Road, which is just round the corner!

Big grin on my face this morning!

I dont whether its me, or the shocks have now bedded in properly, or its because its been a little warmer lately, or because I've now got the correct ride height, but my car now feels absolutely awesome with the Weitec shocks. Initially I thought they were waaayyy too stiff, but they have definately settled down now and they are actually quite comfy, but still with a lack of body roll, and you can't beat being able to take the wheel off and just wind the spacer up and down to adjust the ride height!

Gave the car some real beans on the way to work this morning, car was loving it, and so was I. In fact I would of taken a detour to 'just go for a drive', if it wasn't for the fact I was running a little late.

Love my C!

glad your liking the suspension, after about 2k they really feel loads softer, then you can play with the damping settings.

your cars looking loads better 8)

glad your liking the suspension, after about 2k they really feel loads softer, then you can play with the damping settings.

your cars looking loads better 8)

I look forward to that then as its getting alot better already, and I think I've only done less than 100 miles since fitting!

Yeah, the rear wheels still sit a little forwards in the arch (I'd like it dead centre but then it will be too high), but overall the car looks sweet as.

Thanks for the comments chaps, I really must get out and get some proper pics of it to do it justice!

My new headlight loom arrived today (thanks Zak), had a spare hour this afternoon so I've started to fit it. Quality of the loom is ace and very easy to fit, I just need to decide on the neatest way of routing the offside cable as this has to run past the radiator, not a big problem though. Should compliment my new Phillips Extreme bulbs nicely!

Lost a damn RH centre cap on my way to work this week, have tried a few places in the UK but no-one has any. Am trying to see if any sellers on ebay.de will post over here to the uk, should be fun, hope they speak english!

Been on the hunt for a few bits and pieces lately, had planned on getting an new exhaust but I have decided to wait a few months until the weather improves. Anyway, I picked up a donor bumper off Damo today (cheers buddy), straight swap for my 280mm momo wheel, which was nice. I plan on getting it smoothed off at some point, I am in no hurry, but at least I have sourced all the bits now.

DSCN1325.JPG[/attachment:2x2b2tqs]

I'm 90% certain that I am gonna refurb my RH's, phoned Dubmeister during the week and they were quite helpful and the price of some new stainless dishes sound very tempting indeed. Hmmm...

I wanted 9" on the back, but I am not convinced a 205*40 tyre is gonna look too good stretched that much. Might wimp out and go for 8.5", and get some 20mm spacers to increase the offset a little (theres room).

No worrys bud an cheers for the wheel, Dont forget to let me no about the exhaust when your ready..

Cheers

No worrys bud an cheers for the wheel, Dont forget to let me no about the exhaust when your ready..

Cheers

Will do, not sure when it'll be, maybe in a few months, but I'll let ya know. Gutted I didn't get to see ur car though dood.

Cheers

Will do, not sure when it'll be, maybe in a few months, but I'll let ya know. Gutted I didn't get to see ur car though dood.

Ok cheers, Yeah i must admit i was gutted i didn't drive it to meet you as the rds over to meet you were nice and quite, An it just

ain't the same in my A3 lol..

Started to make some progress with my planned 288mm brake upgrade, and also refurbed hubs and bearings etc.

I gave my dad the carriers and one carrier to take to work as he can get them shot blasted, check out the results!!

Both calipers were in the same condition, but look at the difference, like new!

th_13288_DSCN1367_122_399lo.JPGth_13290_DSCN1368_122_659lo.JPG

The carriers look equally as good.

th_13285_DSCN1366_122_94lo.JPG

Next up will be the hubs etc, this is how they came, as you can see I haven't touched them yet.

th_13297_DSCN1369_122_1044lo.JPG

My plan is get the other caliper done, I've already ordered new seals & bolts etc then paint the calipers & carriers. Once refurbed this little lot will all go on in one go. Just need to decide what discs/pads to run - ideally I want ones that are coated so they dont corrode.

Picked up these bits for a staggering £75 yesterday - I needed to sit down. Still, I need them to complete the brake upgrade so haven't alot of choice. New seals etc, also clips, bleed screws & carrier bolts.

DSCN1379.JPG[/attachment:i9romjol]

Also found out that one of the hubs I am using as part of refurbing the front end is 9 thou down where it runs in the bearing, so I need a new one - another £70 from VAG unless I can find a 2nd hand one in good condition. Not good.

looking good mate, i bet you nearly soiled when he told you the price for the seals! like you say tho, if you didnt get em no you would only regret not doing it and prolly end up taking it all apart to do it! lol

looking good mate, i bet you nearly soiled when he told you the price for the seals! like you say tho, if you didnt get em no you would only regret not doing it and prolly end up taking it all apart to do it! lol

Yeah exactly, do it right, first time.

Took a couple of pics to try and gauge just how wide and what offset I can get away with (at the rear) on my next set of wheels. Currently running 8" ET 35 so from the pics I have a little to play with! :D :D

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSCN1347.JPG[/attachment:256ro6yh]DSCN1365.JPG[/attachment:256ro6yh]