jamin

Jamin's 'Ferrado' VR6

These arrived today! Wahoo!

Hope to get them fitted in the next couple of weeks along with the other suspension bits.

DSC_0031.JPG[/attachment:1k4itzeh]

He he nice one fella, looking good.

7 years ownership here and also some renewed enthusiasm, altho the two electrical problems I have are doing my head in!

Keep it up

Matt

He he nice one fella, looking good.

7 years ownership here and also some renewed enthusiasm, altho the two electrical problems I have are doing my head in!

Keep it up

Matt

Cheers dood, 7 years, good work!!!

As for electrical problems, I know how you feel - my heater matrix blew up last year during its MOT - it seemed to play havoc with the electrics, the car wouldn't lock itself, then wouldn't unlock, wouldn't start (ignition and fuel pump relay faulty) and the other relays were buzzing all over the show.

Thankfully now it seems that the problems are finally sorted. Phew!

Hope to get them fitted in the next couple of weeks along with the other suspension bits.

DSC_0031.JPG[/attachment:1tmbo0r9]

you will love those weitec TX's, i have them on my corrado and i rate them better than my old Koni coilovers, and even more comfy than my old H&R's

DSC_0031.JPG[/attachment:12k3k6e6]

you will love those weitec TX's, i have them on my corrado and i rate them better than my old Koni coilovers, and even more comfy than my old H&R's

Yeah I heard that they were highly rated amongst dubbers, gotta be alot better than the Jamex (urgh!) that I have on there at the moment.

I am going to trawl the suspension thread, but do you know roughly how much thread I need left at the bottom of the shocks to give me a 40mm drop? - as a good starting point. They dont seem to be set at any particular setting from standard as they are not all in the same place (give or take 5mm).

Mmmmm roughly about 50mm from the bottom of the shocks would give you "about" a 40mm drop.

been wondering that myself as all the company i bought my coilovers from could only say 'we dont preset the height so we cant tell you what they're set at when delivered'. So i had no bench mark to measure against when lowering/raising the setting.

Thanks from me too KADVR6

Ok, I've booked my car in to have the shocks and other suspension pieces fitted on the 30th October. In the mean time I have ordered the Lupo Aero wiper conversion and I've nearly finished claying/scratch 'X' ing and polishing the car - its come up an absolute peach!!

These arrived from vagparts.com on Friday, got them fitted yesterday, really easy to do. Made me think why I bought them though - I never use my car if its raining :wink:

DSC_0053.JPG[/attachment:1c38xjrb]

Dropped car off at the garage this morning to have all the suspension bits and shocks fitted. Cant wait to pick it up tonite, I just hope it all goes on ok.

Picked my car up yesterday evening from the garage, so I took a couple of shots this morning. The front is about right I think, but the rear is way too low!! I set the rears up with about 60mm of thread below the spring collar, but I think it needed to be about 70-80 as I can only just get my finger between arch and tyre!

Its sitting just below 58cm from centre of arch to the ground on both front and rear, with 205*40*17's on :nuts:.

Definately alot stiffer than my old shocks though, no exhaust banging which is nice (although I am replacing this next). I just need to get used to the ride stiffness now, at the moment I am very happy with the car being lower, but think the car is a little too stiff for my liking (or what I am used to).

Apologies for the crap phone pictures....

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00102.JPG[/attachment:lercmha5]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC00101.JPG[/attachment:lercmha5]

DSC00104.JPG[/attachment:lercmha5]

Once I get the stance sorted I am gonna give it a good wash then take some proper photo's :)

How much were the wipers if you don’t mind me asking?

£80 delivered, all genuine VAG parts too. Got them from vagparts.com.

How much were the wipers if you don’t mind me asking?

Cheers. I think they're next on my list 8)

good price that, they are well worth it arent they??

Looks ace slammed mate, bit toooooo low on the back though :shock:

good work mate :notworthy:

Can I ask where did you order those suspesion parts for £150?

vwspares.co.uk - all VAG or VAG approved (Febi Bilstein etc.) stuff.

Replaced all the front ball joints etc, steering feels sooo much more positive and precise now, very worthwhile.

good price that, they are well worth it arent they??

Looks ace slammed mate, bit toooooo low on the back though :shock:

good work mate :notworthy:

Hehehe, cheers! Yeah the cars is sooo much better lower, asethically anyhow. I think it must be at least 4 cm lower than the previous setup.

I've raised the rear again by 10mm, so now about 59cm to the top of the arch, tbh its still a little too low, although I am sure some would say its better 'in the weeds' :wink:

Nice looking car mate, feeling the colour and wheels :wink: :grin:

Ha, are you biased per chance? Hehehe

I plan on getting some 16's for it once I get rid of the crappy speedtech zorst - I've had those RH's on there for 6-7 years now, time for a change I think.

Hey Jamin,

I recognise that car! I've seen it parked near the river in town (I wont say exactly where - just incase you dont want to advertise where its parked :D).

I think you may know a friend of mine (Chris). I used to park my Corrado in the same place as you - mine was the old natty red one (nearly pink :D).

I've recently been thinking about sorting my C out too - but mine is mega rough compared to yours - lol.

Btw... I've owned my Corrado for 9 years now too! If only I'd kept it a nice as yours.

Nice looking car mate, feeling the colour and wheels :wink: :grin:

Ha, are you biased per chance? Hehehe

I plan on getting some 16's for it once I get rid of the crappy speedtech zorst - I've had those RH's on there for 6-7 years now, time for a change I think.

Yeah can understand that, quite a while to keep one set on there! I reckon 16s are harder to make look 'right' though, either gotta go really wide and low or keep a very OEM+ look on 16s imo. Also surprising how much ground clearance you lose if you're running it low on 16s rather than 17s, worth bearing in mind if there's any speedhumps nearby :wink:

Hey Jamin,

I recognise that car! I've seen it parked near the river in town (I wont say exactly where - just incase you dont want to advertise where its parked :D).

I think you may know a friend of mine (Chris). I used to park my Corrado in the same place as you - mine was the old natty red one (nearly pink :D).

I've recently been thinking about sorting my C out too - but mine is mega rough compared to yours - lol.

Btw... I've owned my Corrado for 9 years now too! If only I'd kept it a nice as yours.

Yeah I know who you are, and Chris of course (why did he get rid of that lush A4 avant!), you work in the same building dont you, and if my memory serves me, your name is Ben too!?

9 years too, good work fella, is yours a valver or a G60? I can recall seeing it parked up well away from the other cars! Mines only kept nice because it lives in the garage :)

My cuz does car valeting on the side, he could get ur paint gleaming again no worries, drop me a pm if you are interested.