Sign in to follow this  
MarkFoster

Steering wheel how to?

I'm sure, some time ago, I came across a 'how to' that ran through the steps to changing the steering wheel to a Momo/Issotta etc. I've convinced myself it was on the wiki knowledge base, but for the life of me can't find it anymore - I've also tried numerous searches all to no avail. Can anyone help me out and guide me in the right direction??

Thanks

Mark

Thanks for that VR6, I think I've got the gist of it... One thing though, what's the best way to remove the horn cover - don't want to inadvertently break it as I may want to use it again one day!

Thanks

Mark

If it's the stock 3-spoke jobbie, just get your fingers in behind the top and give it a tug. Worked for me 3-4 times and never broke a pin on it!

I think you might be thinking of this site, which gives a guide to changing the wheel http://www.corrado-vr6.info/articles.htm

As others have said the horn just prises off if you give it a good equal pull with your fingers underneath. It is really easy to do but I had to adjust mine a couple of times as the wheel didn't look straight when driving even though I thought my wheels were straight when I changed the wheel.

scrap that - it's pretty damn similar - anyone with half a brain could do it. i guess i got scared off as the only other wheel that i had removed was an airbag job from the mk4 golf....that was hell

yep just opull the horn button off (it wont damage, give it a tug) and undo the bolt.

Bolt the new one up and bobs your uncle.

Incidently I have a genuine momo 6 bolt boss for a corrado sitting here doing nothing if anyones interested.