Sign in to follow this  
grayflash

big brake for my 92 vrt?

hi all. :wave: im in abit av a pickle with what to do about big brakes. :brickwall: im running 340bhp and in need of some stoping power. but dont no what to get an were from? iv seen a few running porsche set up. what modle car and were to get parts to fit my 92 vr?????? :shrug: please HELP!!!!!!!!! thank

hi mate. :clap: iv got about a grand to play with. iv seen sum boxster brakes going cheap wunderd if thay will fit.

iv running to4e turbo setup at 14psi with shrick cams a sp short runner inlet plus ad all the valves uprated.

thank 4 that mate..

thay look rather sweet!! :D

im at a m8 house hoging his laptop due to my pc packed in last week, :bad-words:

soon as im up and running at home ill post sum pictuers up 4 you all to look at..

Sounds like a nice setup you have, welcome aboard! :D

I use AP Racing 330mm front and 280mm rear brakes and stopping is never an issue :D Powerful brakes are really, really addictive to use, especially from 100+ down to 30ish mph! Almost feels like the tyres are trying to seperate the tarmac from it's foundations.

The only thing you need to watch with big brakes is the wheels. Not many clear big calipers with the right offset.

Welcome mate,you got a raddo?

how many VRT's now....! lol

hiya m8i.

i sure av pal own her now for just over a year now.

took her of road last december to do all the work then sent her down to stelth racing in april for playin with and made me a very happy chappy wen vince phoned me with the results

did you buy it with the turbo or have you done the work?

When ya going to get some pics up :tongue:

orite bud. nar i bourt her standerd only thing it had done was a full miltek stainles.

im having a spot of bother with my pc so im using a mates laptop but as soon as i sort it ill post some up 4 you all to av a noisey :D

Badger5 does a 323mmx28 disc Brembo GT type kit for 5x100PCD cars for £945 inc plus delivery.

ALso found these on my travels:

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.p ... pic=160172

NEX 4-pot caliper front brake kit,330mmx28mm, brand-new £550 quid, can't be bad.....

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.p ... pic=171494

AP Racing 330mmx28mm kit, £450....

Those brakes are 5x112 though are they not ?

well the guy selling the brakes is also selling some audi 5/112 rims, BUT he is also selling 5/100 - 5/112 adaptors, which would lead me to believe the brakes/hubs are 5/100. i also had some 16" alloys off a mk4 golf and they were 100% 5/100.

link to wheels being sold http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.p ... pic=182738