Sign in to follow this  
Linus Van Pelt

Alternative Brake Callipers?

I know that the Corrado brake callipers are particluarly prone to seizing (my rear ones have siezed up yet again I think), and I believe I'm right in saying that this has a lot to do with the design...

Question is, for a straight swap, what other alternatives are there?

Please note that I'm really looking for the options with the least amount of modifications... (i.e. cheap :p )

Cheers!

DtM.

Not 100% if Cs are the same but on a MK2 Golf you need to make some new rigid lines cos the flexy is on the opposite(top/bottom) side of the beam.

I could be wrong about Cs being different?

Gavin

I know that the Corrado brake callipers are particluarly prone to seizing (my rear ones have siezed up yet again I think), and I believe I'm right in saying that this has a lot to do with the design...

Question is, for a straight swap, what other alternatives are there?

Please note that I'm really looking for the options with the least amount of modifications... (i.e. cheap :p )

Cheers!

DtM.

since you have a lalter C you will already have the same calipers as the mk3, it was the ealier C's that can be ungraded to this.

mk4 the option. Have a look at eurocarparts web site under mk2 or mk3 golf and i think they have an upgrade kit which includes adaptors to fit the banjo style.

HTH

Amit

Amit,

All the Cs have Mk2 calipers from the factory.

The Mk3 items do fit straight on.

The Mk4 items will need some "adjustment" of the handbrake cable mounting and new flexi hoses making up.