Sign in to follow this  
Danny B

squeeky noise ?

good morning everyone quick question.......I hope.......when I drive over speed bumps a rubbing squeeky noise has started to come from the rear of the car, internally......is that perished boot door rubbers ?

thanks

Danny

Danny Boy,

Have you sorted it?

Rubbers on the parcel shelf squeek in a higher pitch. Dampers on rear are more muffled My Vr6 does so I am intending to replce all with coilovers when I get some more work in.

Philip(Broad Sword) :cheers:

no mate, its still doing my head in....I havent really looked into it properly yet because every time I get home these days its cold and damp and I dont have a garage :( but I think that the rear plastic mouldings attached to the boot are to blame as its definately coming from inside the car.....so defo not dampers :?

oh god I cant even imagine doing that......how will you go about doing it though, will you buy the clips new from VW ? are they mostly universal i.e is there only three or four style of clip throughout the car or something ?

Danny boy,

Inside the car it's got to be the foam rubbers between the drop hatch and the parcel shelf.

Do you know how to add image on profile rather than the switch?

:wink:

not the foam rubbers Phil, already checked and replaced and still squeaking......doh !!

Adding an image to profile is done through the User Control Panel, then click on Profile, then Edit Avatar and then uplaod image.....good luck.

danny, does the squeeking sound like a little mouse sitting on your parcel shelf trying to tell you something??? i have a 'little mouse' on my parcel shelf or in my boot and i want him the FU*K out! its doing my head in! i reckon its the same thing?

I have tried removing the rubber parts from the clips where the parcel shelf slots into its 'frame', i have tried taking off the parcel shelf straps, i thought for a while it may have been the spare tyre rubbing against the metalwork but dont think its that...it definately comes from the inside of the car though, because if you rock the car up and down and stand outside i cant hear any squeeking whatsoever!

Yeah Steve sounds like you got same problems as me, but my mouse sounds like its breeding now.

I'm sure its coming from the plastic spolier housing on the boot, but I havent got round to looking at it yet.

Never thought of the spare wheel thing though, might take myn out and see if it makes a difference.

watch this space.

Yeah Steve sounds like you got same problems as me, but my mouse sounds like its breeding now.

I'm sure its coming from the plastic spolier housing on the boot, but I havent got round to looking at it yet.

Never thought of the spare wheel thing though, might take myn out and see if it makes a difference.

watch this space.

plastic spolier housing on the boot? im not quite following you?

I thought it might be the spare wheel as mine isnt secured down, however after carefully positioning it in what would appear to be a squeek free position im still hearing squeeking! the wierd thing is tho that its really intermittent!! :S

I'm glad myn isnt intermettent that would annoy me more I think........

Its so difficult to descibe things written down when your last name isnt King and your first name isnt Stephen :scratch: !!

Basically on the inside of the boot door theres a big plastic casing that runs the length of the door, which obvioulsy covers the gubbings including the lock and spoiler mechanisms......hope thats an improvement on my last atempt !

I think in myn this plastic panel is slightly loose and needs knew tighter clips/fastners.

p.s. took my spare wheel out and unfortunatly illusions of a quick fix were quickly eradicated :(

i know exactly what you mean, well described...and guess what, i know for fact that mine is loose!! i i just never thought to investigate there as really you never actually see it unless you are looking for it...hmmmmmmm the plot thickens..

ok a bit of a random one, but have you checked if the spare wheel is fixed down properly and not moving around squeeking?

doh need to read all the posted before replying :roll:

ok a bit of a random one, but have you checked if the spare wheel is fixed down properly and not moving around squeeking?

......:lol: :lol: I do this so often

......:lol: :lol: I do this so often

:lol:

danny, the old boot plastic housing thingy ma jiggy isnt loose on mine..it was on my old corrado! hmmmm, really dont know what it is..i know you've tried it but im gonna double check the spare wheel again just incase, either way i can cross it of my maybe list!

Steve your going paranoid, havent you already checked the spare tyre :shock: !!!

Thing with the plastic housing is that it PROBABLY doesnt have to feel massivly loose for it to squeek I suppose.....this is what I'm thinking anyway, which is why when I get the time I'm gonna see if I can change any fastners on it.

Not looking forward to it though, I can just see me doing a load of work and then still sharing my car with the mouse :( !!

hahaha, i never actually checked the spare tyre, i just placed it in what appeared to be a non squeeking position, havent actually taken it out and been for a spin..having said that though, i havent heard mr mouse for a few days now..instead i have a really annoying clicking/knocking noise...current solution is turning up the music nice and loud!