Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

NOS, nitrous oxide?

has anyone had this installed on a car before? Whatabout a standard corrado VR?

its cheap for the gains and instead of fitting a turbo or charger you can choose when to use it

It can be cheap, but remember it'll run out! Last time I heard refills aren't too pricey though (£15 a litre or some such?)

you'll need a progressive controller if you want to use it a lot (nitrous at low revs could rip your engine apart), or just remember to be careful with it.

also check there's somewhere near you that does refills, was talking to the owner of tuning werkes the other day and he said they had to stop doing it as the nearest refilling place was too far away for it to be worthwhile.

ChrisVR6NOS on here had NOS on a standard VR. I think Corrado VR6 NOS dabbled with it too.

As you say, it's cheap power, but as boosten the monkfish said, it runs out :D Turbos don't.

Turbos plus Nitrous.... now that's a tasty combo if ever there was one. Better than a burger plus cheese I reckon, but not quite as good a combo as a burger plus bacon.

yip as Kev said,me and chris played with N.O.S and i think chris still has his,mine was a stock VR with a wizard of nos kit 75 shot,due to the long inlet manifold it was nice and progressive power and it took the raddo from vr to 911 turbo with a flick of a swith.. :tongue:

but it never lasts,always runs out when you dont want it to and costs a bit to refill......but its fun :D

Bootshot.jpg

Should be able to tell you what it's like in a G60 in a couple of months when mines fitted :D